Dana 60 swap, anyone know a source for rear springs?

InnovativeAV

Reaction score
The guy I got my axles off disappeared. I actually paid him for my rear springs but it looks like I will need another set. Does anyone know of a source for a set and a good place to get the 4" blocks?

Thanks

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
EBay for stock springs, but if you're going to lift it 4", just get 4" springs. Pro Comp lift springs can be had for about the price of replacement stock height springs.

InnovativeAV

Reaction score
Would I be able to keep the rear springs from the f250 (3" 5 leaf)? and just add the 4" blocks?

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
What has worked out for me in the past is doing a shackle flip using Sky brackets. This with stock F-250 springs and blocks and 4" (or whereabouts, got 'em used)) lift springs in front along with a D60 made for a level lifted F-250. Shackles are stronger in tension, but you can box the stock shackles if you're worried. Rides a little harsh but with a few hundred pounds in the bed it's smooth, in the rear at least. Never had a truly soft or nice riding truck with lift springs in the front. I think shackle reversal is the way to a soft ride and good flex up front.

For my factory D60 truck I want to do a shackle reversal up front which supposedly gives about 2.25" lift, and probably add a leaf and/or re-arch the rear to match. Could use just a little lift to not scrub tires when tucked and I'd like a nicer ride up front. Want minimal lift to accomplish that as ground clearance is already sufficient for my needs and I like a reasonable bed height for loading/unloading.

For what it's worth my F-250 lifted as described above has 3" more axle centerline to fender clearance up front than my stock F-350.