Cup holders

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a nap and woke up in a cold sweat....I had a cupholder napmare...cupholders everywhere...and none of 'em had bottoms...the drink just fell through and it was like that thing where someone holds a dollar bill vertically and lets go...and you have to catch it but I was not fast enough...I could not catch any of the drinks to save my ash....

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a nap and woke up in a cold sweat....I had a cupholder napmare...cupholders everywhere...and none of 'em had bottoms...the drink just fell through and it was like that thing where someone holds a dollar bill vertically and lets go...and you have to catch it but I was not fast enough...I could not catch any of the drinks to save my ash....
I hope you get counciling......... and something to drink....... nonalcoholic would be my recommendation.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @snicklas ! Can you put this thread in the tech section and make it so there's no more comments........I "feel" like it's about to get out of hand. @Nero is the culprit! @XOLATEM is the instigator. But it's full of great technical information about some SWEET custom made center consoles with cupholders! Just check them babies out! Especially the sweat stain in the tow truck!

Attachments

• IMG_20230806_104855.jpg
    IMG_20230806_104855.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20230806_104938.jpg
    IMG_20230806_104938.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 13

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Especially the sweat stain in the tow truck!
Yeah...you can see which side has the bigger arm on the first pic...

But seriously...both those consoles are pretty spiffy...I like the clipboard in the middle of the second pic...

I only wish that I had that kind of talent with wood....looks good....

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...you can see which side has the bigger arm on the first pic...

But seriously...both those consoles are pretty spiffy...I like the clipboard in the middle of the second pic...

I only wish that I had that kind of talent with wood....looks good....
Thank you. They both have clip board clips on the lid. I got to have a piece of paper to write on just in case I need it.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just check them babies out! Especially the sweat stain in the tow truck!
If you figure that I have a bench seat...could you make one for me...with the clipboard...that will fold up over the shifter out of the way when I want to take a nap...? It can go over the former speaker hole in the dash panel...

We can name it...even....let's say....uh...lemme check my Good Book...heck...Genesis...would be good...and then subsequent iterations can follow it right on down the line of Book names...

Hey !! How about making it out of cedar...like Solomons house...?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Genesis is good, it means "beginnings". The next book is Exodus though, and that means "leaving, or getting outta there". So that might not work. I could absolutely build what your discribing though. Ceder is good, but then he covered everything with pure gold and baced on the fact that we all drive what we drive I doubt any of us are in a financial position to do that. But yeah, bring your truck by so I can do some measuring and problem solving and we can knock it out in a day. We've got cypress in majestic NW Florida, and it's the best option for beehives and other stuff like center consoles...... with cup holders of course.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ceder is good, but then he covered everything with pure gold and baced on the fact that we all drive what we drive I doubt any of us are in a financial position to do that.
Yeah...you got a point there...but remember that gold can be hammered really, really thin...so...cupholders can be lined with gold...if someone wanted it...it might 'only' cost as much as a transmission...

Solomon probably had access to plenty of resources...thirty centuries ago...and he probably controlled the trade routes and ports open to the Mediterranean...so that is why...I think ...that the Queen of Sheba...was so interested in seeing who This Guy really was all about...she had spices to sell and needed new markets that had the shekels...

Actually...I found out that one of my ancestors...was a Goldbeater...by trade...in the 1600's....yeah....TMI...

Personally...I would prefer silver...less....stand outish...and can be polished to a fine luster...

You realize that it is probably a thousand miles from me to you...fuel wise...it would be better for me to fab up a cardboard mock-up of the space where the cupholder/clipboard spot is...and I just can't do anything right now except work on this house project...

I just looked...approximately 800 miles from me to you...depending...that would take...maybe...160 gallons...at my current consumption rate...front and back....

I need to just ship you a cab, shifter, dash, and bench seat...to your doorstep for a proof-of-concept pattern...

It was just a flash inspiration...but one that has merit and possibilities...we could do it next year...and at least I got you thinking in that direction...to utilize your talent...or at least Nero did...

We can blame it all on him....or name it after him...

Last edited:

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need, no wait, y'all need to see the cup holders in my 500sl. Exquisite they are. I'll get a picture soon.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...you got a point there...but remember that gold can be hammered really, really thin...so...cupholders can be lined with gold...if someone wanted it...it might 'only' cost as much as a transmission...

Solomon probably had access to plenty of resources...thirty centuries ago...and he probably controlled the trade routes and ports open to the Mediterranean...so that is why...I think ...that the Queen of Sheba...was so interested in seeing who This Guy really was all about...she had spices to sell and needed new markets that had the shekels...

Actually...I found out that one of my ancestors...was a Goldbeater...by trade...in the 1600's....yeah....TMI...

Personally...I would prefer silver...less....stand outish...and can be polished to a fine luster...

You realize that it is probably a thousand miles from me to you...fuel wise...it would be better for me to fab up a cardboard mock-up of the space where the cupholder/clipboard spot is...and I just can't do anything right now except work on this house project...

It was just a flash inspiration...but one that has merit and possibilities...we could do it next year...and at least I got you thinking in that direction...to utilize your talent...or at least Nero did...

We can blame it all on him....or name it after him...
When you get here, I'll top your tanks off with oil and send you home with a drum full so you only gotta pay one way. I like silver better myself.

Oh yeah, the historical Nero set christians on fire to light up Rome and he was directly responsible for needlessly beheading the apostle Paul, so I'm not sure I jive with that. Maybe we'll call it.......... @XOLATEM 's center console.....it has a ring to it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel