Craigslist Centurion

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/2165197423.html

This isn't anybody from this board is it? Price seems a little steep to me but i don't know much about centurions.

4 Door Bronco 7.3L Diesel - $1 (Greenfield/East Indy)
Date: 2011-01-17, 1:54PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

1989 Rare 4 Door Bronco Centurion Conversion IDI Diesel. Solid axel Dana 60 kingpin on front, 4" lift, after market wheels and 36" Goodyear swampers. Truck has 114K on it, it has 20K on motor (I do have the paper work). Shift kit in tranny, t-case is solid. Rides well, runs perfect. Only issue with the truck is that the rear window switch is broke. Inside is in really good shape with exception of the driver seat, but it does have seat covers! The truck has all custom hand crafted mahogany trim. Really cool center consel. Everything is custom and in fairly good shape. Only rust is on driver side back quarter. Tires are 90%, 4" exhaust that sounds awesome. And she rolls smoke like you couldnt believe. Call or txt 317 775 5057. Looking for 10,000$ for the truck OBO. It is a rarity and worth some money!

You must be registered for see images

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Last edited:

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
centurions usually cost a bit, IDK if thats the right price or not but they are very sweet looking conversions. I know a few board members got centurions ;Sweet

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I'd love to have one. I wish I knew what pickup chassis is required to make a 4 door bronco. Can it be done to a single cab chassis, throw the crew cab onto the single cab chassis and the bronco box? Or an extended cab chassis?

linkfarms

IDI Addiction
Reaction score
the price is nuts i swear the same rig was listed this spring for $3,500obo and had little interest
guy drove it and said it was gutless had hidden rust leaked water yada yada
do a search a few months back and it was talked about on here

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a 168" wb frame (CCLB) cut at the front spring hanger on the rear axle. Take 28" of frame out there, re weld together, butt weld it, with one piece of fish the size of a pack of Camels.. and you have Centurions shortening technique.

I am same (well an inch more) the same wheelbase as a X cab SB.

Which is the frame they used to make the half tons, and then they did goofy **** to the floor.

In fact, regarding my front spring hanger, the back half of it is the factory rivets, the front half is I am hoping grade 8's.. Knowing the way the rest of the truck is put together by Centurion, probably Grade 5's, or less......

Wood trim is held in place with 3" deck scrrews, tank selector switch, is kicked over to "rear" and then duct taped up (some of the guys have electrical tape, but not all are so lucky) and stuffed under dash.... For as spendy of a conversion as this was ( a stripper in 1989 was 42k), there are a lt of shortcomings

Regarding the craigs link, he is double what it should be.... Ya can have nice PSD LOADED cents for that much.

Last edited:

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To figure value, take fair book value for the truck, as it were a CC LB. then add or deduct for the conversion.

Typically deduct, as most will need their roof repaired, and that is a grand +-. If roof has been done, then you can pad the value of the CC by a grand or so, and be about right. Yes, they are rare, to the best guesses 4300 made. Add in the offshoot companies, 5,000-5500 over 10 years. But.... Excursions/Expeditions are coming down in price, they have little collector value, only to those that want them, they will never be a 71 Skylark GS Stage i or II, 63 Imp SS, etc. etc. etc.

Rare, coveted in niche gatherings, but not valuable/collectable in such a manner that commandeers 10 k for a Bricknose.

Also regardng that ad, he is calling Bias HMMV tires Goodyear Swampers, and claims them to have a value of 2 grand..... buy em all day long for $50 a piece.....

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Me and the gf liked that one Jake.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online