Could it be headgasket

Gebadia

Reaction score
Why does my 89 7.3 f250 upon cold start instantly builds pressure in radiator than sucks sucks it all in soon as u put cap on builds pressure more pressure than it should could it be headgasket

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
You are for sure getting compression into your cooling system. It could be a head gasket, but it may be a cracked head too. I'm not sure that you can tell without pulling the heads off.

Gebadia

Reaction score
You are for sure getting compression into your cooling system. It could be a head gasket, but it may be a cracked head too. I'm not sure that you can tell without pulling the heads off.
Thank u that's wat everyone's been saying I guess I was hoping for different answer lol but thank you for your time I'll let u know when I pull it apart wat the verdict is

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
And don't forget cavitation.......
From what I've seen, that's not a very likely possibility and I didn't mention it for just that reason. The hole would have to form pretty close to the top of the cylinder in order for the piston to not cover it up. It seems like most of those holes liked to form around the middle of the cylinder (up and down wise). Could it happen? Sure, but I've seen one or two that had that and burned coolant. Otherwise, they ran fine and weren't getting compression in the cooling system.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to go for "worst case scenario", keep me balanced.
From what I've seen, that's not a very likely possibility and I didn't mention it for just that reason. The hole would have to form pretty close to the top of the cylinder in order for the piston to not cover it up. It seems like most of those holes liked to form around the middle of the cylinder (up and down wise). Could it happen? Sure, but I've seen one or two that had that and burned coolant. Otherwise, they ran fine and weren't getting compression in the cooling system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online