Collision Restoration for Wanda the Miner

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what that part in between the bumper and grill/headlight trim is called? I can't seem to find it on LMC or googleing.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks. Was able to find same part on eBay for 30 bucks free shipping [emoji41]

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are going to use a bedliner type product go for something catalyzed like the raptor liner. I did my cab floor in it and it turned out pretty good. Can’t find a picture at the moment but it’s in my build thread somewhere. I shot one coat with the texture gun and then thinned it a bit and **** a second coat over it with a primer gun. Softened the edges a bit. If you don’t use catalyzed IMHO you are wasting your time.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to use a bedliner type product go for something catalyzed like the raptor liner. I did my cab floor in it and it turned out pretty good. Can’t find a picture at the moment but it’s in my build thread somewhere. I shot one coat with the texture gun and then thinned it a bit and **** a second coat over it with a primer gun. Softened the edges a bit. If you don’t use catalyzed IMHO you are wasting your time.
What does catalyzed mean?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Catalyzed is something that you mix two parts (or more) together so that chemistry happens as the coating cures.

In practical terms, catalyzed coatings are generally much tougher than non-catalyzed. Non-catalyzed coatings are typically dissolved stuff in a solvent that if you add the solvent back too if it will dissolve again. Catalyzed coatings will typically cross link which means they shouldn’t just wipe of with solvent. The catalyzed coatings are somewhat like epoxies.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So new turners, side lamps, and headlights are in. New hood was delivered today and just waiting for someone that can help me put it on. Another question! Does anyone know what the weather stripping between the cowl and motor is called back there? I found a thread earlier today that had the link to it on LMC but for the life of me I cant find the thread and since I'm an incompetent hack I cant find it on LMC lol.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and new wheel well liners were delivered. Those are going on tomorrow as well. Gonna drain the cowl while I'm at it. Curious to see if I find any rats nests or anything.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Well it's typically called a called seal. They don't have that listed.
So next I moved the hood section in the index. Glancing along glancing along... hood to cowl seal. Bingo lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk