Collision Restoration for Wanda the Miner

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can buy them brand spanking new from LMC....

That's cool! About time.Those are new.They didn't have them at the time.They said they did but people always claimed they would order one and just be sent a gas support,then they had to pay return shipping and restocking fees.

That said,I was down in Oklahoma and it was just a couple hours drive to go grab it (plus I got to site see a new area). For $150 I would have done this even if the aftermarket had offered them at that time too.It might as well be new as rust free as it is.It will by far out last the truck now.
At any rate,it's good to see that it looks like,they are finally selling them and for less than people were selling them used.I like knowing the price gouging should be over now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So got the header panel on. Forgot to order new turn signals and side lamps. So right now they're kinds zip tied in there. @Thewespaul would be proud! Anyhow, hopefully I can figure out of to get everything to line up on the front and close the gaps. Then just gotta figure out which wire goes where on the starter solenoid since I'm an idiot and didn't leave them separate when I took the busted one off lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After many delays... We have progress! Headlights are installed, side lamps and turn signals are in as best as they can be (ziptied) with new ones en-route. Was able to get the hood unbent enough so it would latch shut. Finally was able to drive the old girl home :D
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the part in between the stock bumper and grill called? I gotta get that and then find a couple hours to fab up my new bumper. Hood should be here any day now along with the new wheel well liners. After those are on, it's time to set up my shop space for paint again!

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ya, and I'm gonna be redoing the body bushings and ditch the old crappy carpet. Just gonna paint the cab floor really good. And then gotta fix the leaky oil cooler too when I go to replace the wheel well liners.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just gonna paint the cab floor really good.

One word. Herculiner.

I don't have any pictures handy of the floor of my Chevy but it looks good. It's very durable. I did the lower 8-10 inches of the sides of the Chevy and after chasing Jeeps through the woods and dragging the side along a tree and bashing in the side of the box pretty good the Herculiner held up great lol!

I would definitely recommend a good epoxy primer under it though. Prep prep PREP! A couple spots on the outside of my truck where there might have been more bondo than steel showed up after the first winter. Primered the floor and even after standing water and salt it still looks great. It could really use a good wash though!

Not my truck but a decent picture at the link here.
http://handyheinrichs.blogspot.com/2011/04/79-dodge-powerwagon-pickup-restoration.html?m=1

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One word. Herculiner.

I don't have any pictures handy of the floor of my Chevy but it looks good. It's very durable. I did the lower 8-10 inches of the sides of the Chevy and after chasing Jeeps through the woods and dragging the side along a tree and bashing in the side of the box pretty good the Herculiner held up great lol!

I would definitely recommend a good epoxy primer under it though. Prep prep PREP! A couple spots on the outside of my truck where there might have been more bondo than steel showed up after the first winter. Primered the floor and even after standing water and salt it still looks great. It could really use a good wash though!

Not my truck but a decent picture at the link here.
http://handyheinrichs.blogspot.com/2011/04/79-dodge-powerwagon-pickup-restoration.html?m=1
I thought about that... I tried that stuff in a truck bed once... Didn't hold up that great. And I prepped for 3 days before applying. Their literally was nothing more I could have done to prep it lol

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about that... I tried that stuff in a truck bed once... Didn't hold up that great. And I prepped for 3 days before applying. Their literally was nothing more I could have done to prep it lol

Did you primer it? I think that made a difference for me. I was going to take pictures... but I forgot... and now it's raining lol.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you primer it? I think that made a difference for me. I was going to take pictures... but I forgot... and now it's raining lol.
I took all previous paint down to primer. And spots that I went too far and got bare metal I put self etching on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin