CHECK OUT this guys truck! To bad he's not a member!

Radcam

Reaction score
Hi all, I was wondering what happened to a lot of you guys from TDS. Big Jake clued me in to oilburners.

I'm glad you all like my truck, and I really appreciate the compliments.

It is a constant work in progress, the next upgrade is going to be a transmission and transfercase, probably a G56 if I can find one at a resonable price and a NV 271.

Just to let you all know I have sold off all the idi parts with the exception of the LUK single mass flywheel and clutch.

Me and my truck should be at the Norcal diesel rally in June if the transmission holds together that long. So if you are in the area and want to see my truck I'll see you there.

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Cam:

welcome aboard!!!!!!!

Lots of good people here with lots of good info.

I guess I better get busy and mount the horns in my new ride so you'll be able to find me in Redding in a few months

:D :D :D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to have you here Cam.

Truck looks great. Congrats on getting it done and on the road. It's been a while since I've heard about the coversion. Top notch job man!;Sweet

Heath

cgraham

Reaction score
It is a constant work in progress, the next upgrade is going to be a transmission and transfercase, probably a G56 if I can find one at a resonable price and a NV 271.

Just to let you all know I have sold off all the idi parts with the exception of the LUK single mass flywheel and clutch.

I don't really like the G56 in my Dodge. Overdrive is too low geared, definitely not great for the freeway driving. I'd rather have a Ford ZF6, I know they make adapters.

Do you want to sell the SMF? If it's still good, that is. I'm gonna be doing a 5 speed swap as soon as I have time. Pm me if you're interested, I live pretty close to you. Hopefully I can make it to the rally and see you there.
Thanks.

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I was wondering what happened to a lot of you guys from TDS. Big Jake clued me in to oilburners.
Welcome aboard!! ;Sweet

I wish I had known that you were selling a SMFW clutch kit in 2005; I ended up buying a new clutch setup when I did my tranny swap. Such is life, eh?

Radcam

Reaction score
It doesn't look like my truck is going to make it to the J&H diesel rally this year. I blew something out in the power steering Sunday. I don't even know if it's a hose or seal yet.
If I can I will have it up and running for the rally, but time is something I don't have a lot of these days.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to have you over here. We put the quality back that TDS took out. ;Sweet

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
It doesn't look like my truck is going to make it to the J&H diesel rally this year. I blew something out in the power steering Sunday. I don't even know if it's a hose or seal yet.
If I can I will have it up and running for the rally, but time is something I don't have a lot of these days.

Welcome to OB!
Sorry to hear this about your truck. I was looking at your pictures and wow can you make more of these? Cool Picture

And did you read the comment?

Radcam

Reaction score
h2odrx I could make more intake hats like that, but the cost would be prohibitive. I sold that one for $150 iirc, and I still didn't break even.

The cost of aluminum, and the amount of time invested in that one piece I would have to charge $250, or more to make it worth while, or be able to sell several hundred to come in at the $150 price point.

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I miss the old TDS - there were some great folks there - I learned so much in a such a short time - now it's full of adds and the feeling is gone, seems like folks have scattered all over - lots here - but not all..... dang, I guess all things must come to an end - that site used to be fabulous.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Could someone please tell this guy I need to talk to him about his pillar pod procedure. I cant bring myself to sign up at the drama stop. So I need someone to message him over there and see if he could message me here, phone number if possible. I really need to figure out exactly how he made that pillar pod.

Radcam

Reaction score
No need to send out the posse all you have to do is PM me here or post something in this thread.

The A-pillar pod isn't that difficult I used a three gauge pod for a '92 trimmed it until it fit the stock A-pillar cover. Once the pod is fitted to the cover some small holes will need to be drilled into the cover so the wiring can pass through. When you are happy with the fit glue it down with some Devcon Plastic Welder SD epoxy (this might be the hard part because I got it through work and haven't seen it available to the general public). Once the epoxy is dry sand off any excess. Not only does the epoxy bond the two parts it also fills any small gaps. You will have to drill a small hole into the bottom of the lower pod for the lower A-pillar cover mount screw. I drilled it from the back side so that I knew the drilled hole would line up with the mounting hole. I used one of the screw plugs that came with the gauge pod to plug that hole.
Paint to match, and if your interior is grey like mine I found that Mitsubishi grey was a closer match than the Ford grey I first got. IIRC the paint was VHT I got it from Summitt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online