Cheap Ebay selector valve?

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t chance it, looking at the description it basically says it will work for 1981 to 2016 fords... just doesn’t seem right

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t chance it, looking at the description it basically says it will work for 1981 to 2016 fords... just doesn’t seem right

Yea that does not seem right... but the connectors look to be in the right places and the part number does match what I am looking for. Looking at pics of a new ford valve, I can't tell a difference. The rivets etc.. look identical

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a pretty Adventurous Guy, but when it comes to something that could leave me on the side of the road I get hesitant.

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yea that does not seem right... but the connectors look to be in the right places and the part number does match what I am looking for. Looking at pics of a new ford valve, I can't tell a difference. The rivets etc.. look identical

Ford hasn’t changed this valve since the 80’s and is still using it (with updated part number) to this day, 6C3Z9189A is the new part number with improved design.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when these first surfaced mid summer, I bought 2. outside of the part numbers missing, they were dead-nut identical in appearence to the oem unit. even if it lasts a year, I'm still money ahead.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL LOL LOL

I think I may have just peed a little.

LOL

But I totally understand why you would do it. Clothes soaked in diesel on a road trip are bad. Rolling over bits on creeper bad too. Luckily a roadside repair probably didn’t have a creeper involved but the rocks and road rash might be an issue.

For the record, I went with option 2.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh boy the nudist fsv change thread surfaces againLOL

I did not know they still used the same valves today, I guess its in the cab and chassis trucks? I really dont know the new trucks well, I always thought the fsv wasnt being produced anymore and thats why they are so pricey!