Cheap Banks Turbo Kit in Portland Area

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No way in hell that was a new turbo in 1999. Banks only had the wastegated turbo for our rigs at that time and you could not buy the non gated turbo like in the pic. If the engine ate a glow plug it had to go out the exhaust. That means the hot wheel saw some metal. Maybe it was not hurt but looking closely at that wheel is what I would do. The price is smokeing but look closely first.

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I didnt have a factory turbo I would jump on that............ is banks a better turbo than the stock 94 turbo?

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You never know! I bought a brand new Banks non waste gated kit in box in 2002 from a Banks dealer here local for a great price. A lot of these kits were slow movers and the dealers sat on them for over 10 years in my case.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You never know! I bought a brand new Banks non waste gated kit in box in 2002 from a Banks dealer here local for a great price. A lot of these kits were slow movers and the dealers sat on them for over 10 years in my case.

Thats something that can happen but... Its a NOS kit by that time. Its no longer a current new kit. Nothing wrong with buying an older kit that is new in the box either. The way in which this seller is advertising this kit is it was new in 99.:angel: Maybe it was... Maybe itwas not.... He is trying tosell something and willing to say what it takes tomake a sale. Loosing a glow plug tellsbe something went thru the turbo hot side... This is the sellers statement about why the engine failed. Yes... This very well could have been a older but still new in the box turbo kit that WAS found on a shelf somewhere... For the price I think a buyer can't go wrong but actually seeing this will tell all...

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like missing boost/pyro gauges, filter, y/up pipe assembly. The latter is ~$400 shipped from Banks. I spoke to an exhaust shop locally about alternatives, and he said by the time a custom pipe gets made to actually fit, in that cramped environment, $400 is cheap. don't know him well but he has a pretty stellar reputation online and a lot of high-end custom iron under his roof. I'd say jump on it if you can get a good used up pipe for cheap, then send that turbine and a check over to Russ regardless of its condition.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Looks like missing boost/pyro gauges, filter, y/up pipe assembly. The latter is ~$400 shipped from Banks. I spoke to an exhaust shop locally about alternatives, and he said by the time a custom pipe gets made to actually fit, in that cramped environment, $400 is cheap. don't know him well but he has a pretty Steller reputation online and a lot of high-end custom iron under his roof. I'd say jump on it if you can get a good used up pipe for cheap, then send that turbine and a check over to Russ regardless of its condition.

You discovered my last name!;Sweet

I corrected it for ya.LOL

tractorman86

Reaction score
sorry i took so long to answer i've been really busy lately. they are NOS, never been installed. i'd sell them for $200 obo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online