Building a front bumper

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Looks good. I plan to build one for my F350 once I start/finish installing the Cummins....I want it to take my M12000 Warn winch on a 2" reciever so I can use it as needed. It will need to be snow plow friendly too.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neato! Only thing is I probably would have made the center section a bit higher, but that's a personal preference...

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put the winch on a hitch mount and then you dont have to worry about it in the weather you can keep it in a tool box or only take it out wen youll need it
unless you offroad a lot then you wont use it too much
plus without the winch mount it gives you a better approach angle

Although the "COOL:thumbsup:" factor of having the winch mounted permanently to the front bumper, plus it then having a permanent storage place where it will always be, having the winch mount on a receiver tongue has many advantages, not the least of which is, having the winch tucked away in a tool box, out of public view, will keep you from constantly getting asked to pull some numbskull out of some situation they shouldn't have gotten into in the first place. ;Sweet

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus with it on a hitch plate you can use it front or rear. I have even seen them dropped into goose neck hitches in the bed for pulling cars up on a bummer pull flat bed trailer.

88bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on mounting a winch between the top flat piece and bottom bar. When I fab up a rear bumper it will have a winch inside of it.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 wenches? Utah is the polygamy state... better get moving south pal.....

ROFLMAO....

As I have said looks good.... I think I want to incorporate a recess for a step into mine, gettin a little tall, need a place to stand whilst working on it...

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
All done till I can afford to buy a winch.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks stellar man!! But i've always wondered what the benefit of having that center piece is. If you pull from it, the stress is going to have to be perfectly perpendictular to the truck or that flat stock will tweak. So I'm not sure if that's what you even do with it but that's my anaylsis.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online