Building a front bumper

IHOlRed

Reaction score
from my experience that center piece works wonders should a deer decide he wants to get in your way lol

88bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly why its there. keep a deer out of my grill. Its slanted enough to hopefully stop them from gettin to my windshield also. Any pulling on the bumper will be done from the d-rings on the front.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
The fact that it looks cool doesn't hurt either. They are a decent place to mount lights and I have seen them save trucks from things other than deer. My friends suburban almost got impaled by an I beam but it hit the middle tube and creased it instead of the smashing through the grill and radiator.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
;Sweet I'm a freak for building your own custom bumper. I usually start with 6" Channel and build off of that. Your pic from DP magazine is way cool. 8,000lb single line pull should be your minimum but hey, Lug-All come-a-longs have gotten me out of some bad spots so anything connected to the batteries is a plus. Cant wait to build mine for my '91. Your fit and finish are awesome. That thing may fend off a Camry, never mind the deer.

Last edited:

88bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going out early next week with a buddy who takes good photos to get get some of the truck with new bumper. Will post 'em up when I get them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online