BILLET ALUMINUM INJECTOR CAP

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The used plastic cap I had in the oven has to come out I opened the oven door and its starting to smell of diesel fuel.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just me, but in my opionion, you only need two kinds of caps. Ones with two nipples, and ones with one. The routing of factory turbo returns sucks, and no matter what truck I am building, or re-working, I route all my hoses the same way. Start and #7 with a dead end cap, and work forward, T-in the filter header between #1 and #3, then from number 1, cross over the IP mounting flange to #2, then work back to #8 and go to the return manifold. The IP has a direct return to the manifold in the back. I never lay a hose on the valley pan, and I never put a hose or a clamp where I can't see it easily. Trust me on this. It's the way you want to go.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just me, but in my opionion, you only need two kinds of caps. Ones with two nipples, and ones with one. The routing of factory turbo returns sucks, and no matter what truck I am building, or re-working, I route all my hoses the same way. Start and #7 with a dead end cap, and work forward, T-in the filter header between #1 and #3, then from number 1, cross over the IP mounting flange to #2, then work back to #8 and go to the return manifold. The IP has a direct return to the manifold in the back. I never lay a hose on the valley pan, and I never put a hose or a clamp where I can't see it easily. Trust me on this. It's the way you want to go.

Draw that out...please?

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still see not big change in the cap in the oven and it measures smaller than the plastic cap in my freezer.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ok Mel... I understand deadheading from 7 to 1 but where do you find the "T" and do you install it between the number 1 & 3 injector return line. What you posted is kinda hard to follow and yes.. A drawn pic would sure help. My rig naver had the return off the filter but I'm attempting to install a 7.3 kit now. I bought a bleeder valve from oregon fuel injection but the friggen usp fool delievered it to someone else. Said he layed the package on the front dorr porch mat.... Cripes... I don't have a door mat so where the hell is my parts.... Nobody seems to know. Now if I order another where will it end up... Sucks to be me. Rant switched off for now but will return at the drop of a hat..

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The O-ring chart OB8 provided has a +/- of .004 on the size we use... the initial hot/cold measurement difference is .004. That's a potential of .008 or 8 "thousandths" spread. I'd take my chances.

I'll gladly pay you to be the test victim.... send 'em here first!! :sly cookoo LOL

If they fail, I've got Typ4's perfect fit caps. If they work, I'll give Typ4's up to someone in need.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did see this. That's kinda what got me thinking about this project. Anyone know how they are working out for him?

Ya that's what I was looking into and for some time he's not responded to PM's or the thread....think he liked em but his dad or he moved and could not make any more IIRC

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pm me your address and ill throw some vitons in the mail as donation to the research. . The cap does not need a taper except for the oring entry, and remember guys, the injector will also grow some , just a little slower.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Russ

PM sent

The caps that I have made do have a taper to get the o ring to slide in and the part where the o ring will sit is straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online