BILLET ALUMINUM INJECTOR CAP

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Depending on price I maybe in for 3

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.9 caps have the barb in the center of the cap and is smaller. The physical cap where it attaches to the injector is the same just the barbs are smaller and in a different location, which shouldn't be too hard to alter in your program if you are interested.

If you want to make 6.9 caps I would be interested in those....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only issue I see is the expansion coefficient. It will be interesting to see if you can keep a set from leaking. Perhaps you should mount up a few of the ones you have already, and give them a good service life test, before committing more time, excitement and effort into them. While they are extremely cool, and would defintely have a set, I'm keeping a reserved stance.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just change over the 6.9 to the newer style.

Did that on the F250 and it's less than desirable. The barbs on the filter head and the fuel return block (at the rear drivers side) are way too small for the larger line. So, you have to use two different size return lines and clamps. It is leaking now and I'm going back to the original 6.9 stuff soon.

Heath

xcite

Reaction score
Those look great!

If you think about it the 7.3 caps where an improvement of the 6.9. The returning fuel had to flow around the injectors on the 6.9 design. By putting the newer style on the 6.9 it should improve the return performance.

With everyone trying to put more fuel and performance to these motors it would be interesting to test a set built to the next size fuel line so it could handle more return on higher presure systems.

xcite

Reaction score
Also dont forget the "T" fitting for turbo models As well as the single nipple one also.

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"sometimes I love my job."

I'm with you there 100%!

Mel brings up a good point. Make sure these dont leak first! Maybe brass will help out in that area if they do leak.

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did that on the F250 and it's less than desirable. The barbs on the filter head and the fuel return block (at the rear drivers side) are way too small for the larger line. So, you have to use two different size return lines and clamps. It is leaking now and I'm going back to the original 6.9 stuff soon.

Heath

Change the fuel filter head out and the barb at the rear of the motor.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes AGNEM is right I really need to get these on my truck to see how they work and in all types of weather before I could even think of selling some. With living in Wisconsin I will be able to see how they work in 100 degrees down to 0 degrees. This is just a little project I thought would be cool to make and so far I have $0 in it just a few hours of time at work. I am able to use the machines to make stuff as long as I do it after work.

I never gave any thought about an expansion coefficient. I just measured a few plastic caps and was getting measurements of .628-.633 for the lower o ring and .604-.607 for the upper o ring. The caps I made I went a bit smaller if that was a good idea or not I don't know the lower o ring is .62 and the upper is .597 so mine are about .01 smaller.

I will report back after i get them on the truck and give them a good run. I want to order up some good viton o rings and replace they anyways. I am trying to get my truck to start a bit better.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Typ4 has viton o-rings for a great price. Just give him a note and they are on there way to you faster than a bunny doing the bad thing...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FAAAAAAAWWWWWKKKKK Me those are nice...

Mark me down for a set for a STOCK Turbo engine....Hmm....Not sure the difference but yes, I would like a set for certain...can you do this in brass? How about forgive me....but this would really cost..Titanium...for ***** n giggles?

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be in on a set also. At work we have all the machines, but I don't know how to run them. I work for a hydraulic cylinder manufacturer and we make cylinders all day with aluminum and steel components that have to seal together using o-rings. I'm guessing this will be all right, but agree it needs to be tested. I'll check with the engineers at work and see if we do any special tolerance for Steel to aluminum sealing versus steel to ductile. We are also sealing up to 3,000 PSI where these caps seal what 15PSI at best?

I'd definitely take 2 sets if you made them for the ATS style turbos with the 3 nippled caps and the dead end cap for the turbo area.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i have brass stock at work I can try that if the aluminum ones leak I would just have to adjust my speeds and feeds to make one out of brass. Maye I should make a brass on right away and have brass and aluminum on the truck at the same time to see what one is better. I will work on that next week. And for Titanium wow that stuff is expensive!! I made our wedding rings and bough a piece of 1.00 diameter 2.00 long and it was $75.00.

Thanks for the thoughts and ideas for this project