BILLET ALUMINUM INJECTOR CAP

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would show off my cool little project I decide to make at work. Billet aluminum injector return line caps, I have 4 made and I have a program ready to go to make the 90 degree caps but have not had time to make any of them yet. I think I have about 5-7 hours into this project so far with programming time and running parts. The run time on 1 cap is about 20 minutes and it is all done in one setup. The hardest part (well not even that hard just time consuming) is DE burring them so I will not tear up the o-ring when I put them on. They snap on to a injector great so they should not leak I know these are nice and round.

I will post up more pictures when I get the 90 degree caps done but that will be a week or better.

Let me know what you think or if you see something that should be changed.

JOHN

You must be registered for see images attach

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Tose look really good, have you worked on a design for the earlier straight thru models?
How much would you be saling these for? And does anyone see any reason not to use them?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please as soon as you an make them, let me know how much you would sell a set for.. I've been wanting to have a set made outa billett or brass for a while now.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
dead ****, i have been wanting to do a set myself on a lathe. harder part for me is finding a set of pipe nipples i could solder on afterward.

sassyrel

Reaction score
deaammmnnnnnn,, those be nice..and the cost is??? nice work..one piece,,no soldered joint...

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can do these in one setup, it's not even worth my time to try and make a set lol! What's your price? These look real good. What machine are you using?

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of questions on the straight threw older style caps is that a better design? It has been so long since I have seen a 6.9 and had no old style return caps around so I just copped the 73 caps I had around. Other than the hose barb in a different place is there any other difference in the two?

The caps are all one piece machined out of a piece of 1" x 2" aluminum bar stock so no joints to leak.

I made the caps on a OKUMA MB 8000 horizontal CNC and I created the program on FeatureCam a programming software.

Some times I really like me job!!

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm all in!!!!

Once you make my set and they're in hand ;) , I'm gunna polish them and clear coat with 2 part clear! Although I may fish scale them first.... Cripes.... more truck swag! :sly cookoo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online

No members online now.