Batteries,,,,

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Advance Auto now sells Diehard. However I always had good luck with Walmart batteries. Also use Walmart everstart deep cycle batteries in the camper. Just replaced them last year and they were 10 years old.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Advance Auto now sells Diehard. However I always had good luck with Walmart batteries. Also use Walmart everstart deep cycle batteries in the camper. Just replaced them last year and they were 10 years old.

I started to mention that, but there doesn't seem to be any Diehard group 65 batteries with 850 CCA anymore.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are y'all doing for cables?
I just go to the local electrical shop and buy some cable and ends than crimp and heat shrink everything. Welding lead cable for stick welders from a welding supply is basically the same braided cable I used that for a ground it worked good.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I get welding cable from princess auto usually... similar to HF stores stateside. Hydraulic cable crimpers have become really cheap too.

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interstate Group 31 blems. Try to find an Interstate distribution center in your area. Only real issue with Group 31s from Interstate, the are considered industrial, which affects warranty.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are y'all doing for cables?

Junk yard cables are what I have. Good 00 cable can be found in bmw, mercedes and daimler cars with the battery in the truck have a good run thats out the weather. Then cut to size and crimp on new eye lugs for the ends.

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size for the lugs should I go? Not the gauge size, but the size of the hole for the lug?
You must be registered for see images attach

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think try a mixed bag of 1/2, 3/8 and 5/16. It was two those three I used and past me did not say what came in the bag.

battery leads

You must be registered for see images attach

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, group 31s usually have 5/16" studs.

silexis

Reaction score
Rock Auto has group 65 agm batteries. Deka 9A65 shipped to CO with tax is about $200. ACDelco 65agmrc is about $30 less. The Deck weighs a few pounds more than the ACDelco, so probably has more lead in it.

arizhntr

Reaction score
Factory cables - post style lugs on the batteries instead of studs. Have had zero issues and the current
batteries are 5 years old and still turn over well.

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Deluxe Pack​

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Junk yard cables are what I have. Good 00 cable can be found in bmw, mercedes and daimler cars with the battery in the truck have a good run thats out the weather. Then cut to size and crimp on new eye lugs for the ends.

10-4 on that good buddy.

I pulled several out of some BMW that had the battery in the trunk, think they are about 12 ft long. Best thing, cables are $5 (or were) at PNP.
Best thing is they are not exposed to the elements, as they are in the trunk, go through the trunk back wall, run along inside by the Rockers, and through the Fire wall where our Ford Heater Core lives to a connection on the Fire Wall under the Hood.

I used one for the cable from Driver Batt to the Pass side Batt. Used the BMW clamp on the drivers side, cut the other end and crimped on a ring termanial.

Later on I replaced both negative cables, but went to NAPA and had them made with ring terminals on both ends.
Didn`t realized how bad the old cables were till I pulled them out, the insulation had cracked from one end to the other. They looked ok covered with grease and dirt till I removed them. They were the 30 yr old factory cables.

Goat