Batteries,,,,

Rockmotors

Reaction score
I get my group 31s at my local Continental battery dealer. I believe I payed right around 100 a piece for them last time. They sell them "stripped" for roughly 50$ less than retail, where they rip the label off and you get no warranty. They last me 3 years or so in my trucks, jeep, and bus, then get retired to my solar bank for a few more years of low amp service. Never needed the warranty.
Also, I've seen them with 5/16 studs, but all mine have 3/8. I use locknuts, not wings, and have never had one come loose, even with daily use down pretty rough washboard roads.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought cables from batterycablesusa.com and have been quite happy with them. They'll even add the extra wires for the ground if you ask them.

If I'm not mistaken, group 31s usually have 5/16" studs.

Close. They're 3/8 coarse thread.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
10-4 on that good buddy.

Didn`t realized how bad the old cables were till I pulled them out, the insulation had cracked from one end to the other. They looked ok covered with grease and dirt till I removed them. They were the 30 yr old factory cables.

Goat

I think most of us who have not replaced them are in the same boat.

Rockmotors

Reaction score
Lol, these aren't even lock nuts. Musta just used plain ol nuts last go round. Haven't ever backed off. Also, I forgot they give me 6 months warranty on the stripped batteries. It's engraved right there lol. Apx 60000 miles and almost 2 years on these. Haven't had to look at them at all. You may notice I never found a need to alter the trays either.

Attachments

• IMG_20220314_193241.jpg
    IMG_20220314_193241.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 10