ATS 093 Turbo & SD intercooler install + exhaust recommendation

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I trust you have a kit in stock...
What do you think of the hypermax cowl induction, or for that matter, any other cowl induction setup for our trucks?
I can whip one together, I don’t really care for the cowl setups, they take up a lot of space and are priceyer than they should be

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I don’t really care for the cowl setups, they take up a lot of space and are priceyer than they should be
My biggest complaint about the Hypermax cowl induction set up is that it looks like it uses dryer vent hose to bring the air into the air cleaner. If I remember, it's about $100. Before I paid that much for that kit, I'd just get some sheet metal, pop rivets and some dryer vent hoes and make my own for around $30 or less.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda my same feeling on the cowl induction.
You might look into a aem dryflow filter. It is the same filter that Justin uses on all his kits.
It has great flow and great filtering.
I personally am not a fan of the 6637. It's designed as a cabin air filter and doesn't flow enough cfm. I know most people swear by then but I am not.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I really don't care for the 6637 filter either. The way most people seem to use it, it's sitting on the inner fender sucking in hot air. Now if Thewespaul does come up with some type of cold air intake built around this filter, I wouldn't be as opposed to it then.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a cold air intake is desirable, but when I watch my air intake temperature, once I’m moving it’s pretty much the outside air temperature. When stopped it rises. There’s a lot of air coming in the front of your truck.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't care for the 6637 filter either. The way most people seem to use it, it's sitting on the inner fender sucking in hot air. Now if Thewespaul does come up with some type of cold air intake built around this filter, I wouldn't be as opposed to it then.
Workin on it!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I personally am not a fan of the 6637. It's designed as a cabin air filter and doesn't flow enough cfm.
According to who? Curious to see facts. And don't say "king master justin said so."
Supports more power on the psd platform than a idi will ever see just fine........

The way most people seem to use it, it's sitting on the inner fender sucking in hot air.
As already pointed out, it's a non issue.
Even with a box, at a stand still it will heat soak.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a cold air intake is desirable, but when I watch my air intake temperature, once I’m moving it’s pretty much the outside air temperature. When stopped it rises. There’s a lot of air coming in the front of your truck.
Could you share the details of your set up? Can you share a temp chart?

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.fleetfilter.com/filter/46637.html?
That is the link for the cfm rating on a 6637.

https://www.fleetfilter.com/filter/46728.html?

That is the link for the powerstroke drop in oe style filter.

Yes I know that the description in the 6637 says psd bhaf. I know so many swear by it, and that is great. I also think it makes up for the lack of air it flows by sheer size, but at this point i know i am basically all opinions and not much facts. At the same point it does flow less cfm than the oe drop in is all I am saying.
Does it work. Sure. Is it the best out there, in my opinion no.
I won't run one because of the sheer lack of cfm it flows.
Cheers!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The actual Donaldson filter will outflow those cheapie knockoffs.
The "new thing" is the "blue 6637." Just about everybody is switching to those. Better filter media.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The link you posted for drop in stock seems to be super duty 7.3. The stock drop in for obs is rated from 260 to 320cfm. The 6637 is noticeable increase, as mentioned the blue media filter is more cfm and produces noticeable increase over white 6637. This is not Dyno by me, it is just feel. Riffraff says blue has been tested to 1300cfm and flows 37% more than the white material. I know this settles nothing but there’s plenty out there to confuse the issue.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Saburai, the air intake temp is within a degree or two of outside temperature. When stopped in traffic it picks up some under hood temp, I don’t remember seeing over 110 degrees but I’ll pay more attention next time I drive it. Remember even sitting fan is pushing air through engine compartment. It is powerstroke, sold idi last year. 4” aluminum tube to filter, prefilter sock as you see. I also left plastic air intake over battery and rad support. I figured this couldn’t hurt, I don’t know how much it helps if any. I also have 3” downpipe to 5” exhaust with muffler. BD turbo thruster II.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several kits available, but they are basically a sheet metal shroud and run a few hundred dollars. S&B uses enclosed housing (powerstroke) I don’t know if it could be modified. I don’t think you would gain much with an enclosure, the Under hood temp is just so close to outside temp when driving. Your better investment I think would be an intercooler if you don’t have one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
93 Farm Truck

Members online