Any current deals on IP's?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Looks like I might need a new IP for my brown trucks NA engine. I know a while back there were some good deals on new IP's out there.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on how you feel about Pensacola, they had them for around 300 dollars a month ago with no core exchange. I didnt buy one though so cant comment on quality.

It is however kind of scary that right in pensacolas page describing the pump it says "NO WERE NOT AN AUTHORIZED STANADYNE DEALER AND DONT WANT TO BECOME ONE. WE DONT LIKE STANADYNE JUNK" or something to that effect, all in caps. Does not create a lot of confidence in the product, and had no trouble scaring me off as a customer...

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea if thats the way they are going to be about it I wouldn't buy one there either.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Depending on how you feel about Pensacola, they had them for around 300 dollars a month ago with no core exchange. I didnt buy one though so cant comment on quality.

It is however kind of scary that right in pensacolas page describing the pump it says "NO WERE NOT AN AUTHORIZED STANADYNE DEALER AND DONT WANT TO BECOME ONE. WE DONT LIKE STANADYNE JUNK" or something to that effect, all in caps. Does not create a lot of confidence in the product, and had no trouble scaring me off as a customer...

And from my understanding, the price that they sell them at is far more than they're worth. A good cleansing when they get them and if the IP's flow fuel, they get boxed up and resold from what I've learned.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Ron, i think DCP does the same with their IP's. the one i got from diesel care was no better than the old one that was on the truck. quick clean, check for flow, and repaint the screw heads and ship it.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local guy is around 500 I believe have a few pumps from him all different miles on them an couldn't be happier running 70% veggi in one for 50k. No leaks an great turbo spool.

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont go the pensecola route it ends up costing more $$$
I bought a pump from them and it was defective.. I went through several exchanges all were garbage I bought a used one from a member here and it has been working great since. The best deal is the one from agnem.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I have one of the original Moose pumps on my turbo motor but since that one decided to blow up on me I've been running NA with this other motor for a couple years now. I really liked the Moose pump, so I'll probably hit Mel up for a Baby Moose. I don't mind supporting members of this forum one bit.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
If your turbo motor blew, why not just pay russ to rebuild the turbo. (my understanding is that wouldn't be too different than the cost for a decently rebuilt pump) then just throw the turbo and the moose on you NA rig?

thas what I would do.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
No the turbo is just fine, I lifted the heads off the block one day when the boost went WAY higher than it had ever gone before. I haven't touched that motor in almost 2 years. I've been doing allot to get new head gaskets made for these motors that will withstand high boost/high compression applications reliably. I didn't see any reason rebuilding the turbo motor until there's a decent head gasket option available.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I really trust Mel and Russ for injection pumps. They both stand behind what they sell. Never have read a discourgeing word about either of them.. They ride shotgun with me whenever Jesus is busy..:hail:D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Beware of cheap pumps. Since getting in the business, I've done a lot of networking and come to understand why those pumps are cheap. That's all I'm gonna say. There's a lot of Tom Sawyers out there looking to sell you a white picket fence if you get my drift.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Lol I get ya Mel. You know how tough it is though right now so I thought I'd ask if any of the good shops had any sales going on, (i.e. you or Russ). Do you keep a stock of pumps on hand or do you still require the core before you do the work?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online