Another option for studs

rvitko

Reaction score
I’ve wondered the same, I did order a set. It will be a while before I can give real feedback as I’m using them on a 93 turbo motor I bought that I still need to go pick up and disassemble and get machined but I don’t like loose ends and I’ve watched the supposed delivery date on the ARP studs slip further out as time goes on so if I see a part I know I’ll need, I grab it. I’ll get some pics when they get here.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how they compare to the ARP studs.
They carry the ARP price tag...they'd BETTER compare favorably! Unfortunately it's not affordable to buy a set just to stretch/break test them.
Justin at R&D actually did that with the 6.9 and 7.3 head bolts then also with the ARP hardware. It's over on FTE I believe. Pretty interesting finds, mostly that there is a lot left of the table for 7.3 bolts and that head studs are amazing, haha.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Ordered mine Thursday and got them today. Surprised how quick they got here. And only 499. Alot of thought into packaging and presentation. Using them on my wife's build so they better add up or it's back to the waiting game with arp. Wish me luck ladies and gents. Don't wanna have to keep pulling this engine and have wasted that much money on a dud