Another cheap Cummins

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know where you people get the energy and time to work on this old stuff...at times I don't even want to turn wrenches on my junk ;Really

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know where you people get these cheap Cummins-equipped trucks...around here, if there's still a cummins underhood it's automatically worth at least $2000-2500...even if it has a blown transmission or anything else wrong with it. Bah.

Funny thing is I saw a really nice looking '90 W250 on Autotrader that was not too far from here for $2950...I couldn't find a cheap diesel anywhere to save my life back when I was looking at trucks in '07. Paid $5000 for mine and I think even that was a little much, most cummins and powerstrokes were going for $10K.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I don't know where you people get these cheap Cummins-equipped trucks...around here, if there's still a cummins underhood it's automatically worth at least $2000-2500...even if it has a blown transmission or anything else wrong with it. Bah.

Funny thing is I saw a really nice looking '90 W250 on Autotrader that was not too far from here for $2950...I couldn't find a cheap diesel anywhere to save my life back when I was looking at trucks in '07. Paid $5000 for mine and I think even that was a little much, most cummins and powerstrokes were going for $10K.

Some guys try that here and then a feller like me rolls up to bring them back to reality....LOL.....I know what stuff is worth in the diesel world and I put that on the table right away.....It's the diesel 4x4 stuff that holds some value, the 91 D250 that I'm working on right now for cash cost him $3000.....Over double what I paid for a running 2wd with the same mileage.:dunno Some guys try to tell you that a good 7.3PSD is hard to find....BS - they are a dime a dozen in a good junkyard - although they try to get the big price too.....Cash talks and BS walks - this is how I get some stuff for a decent price.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score

If its in the rust belt, and there's annual/bi-annual inspections the prices are low on 15+yo vehicles. As I found in my 5 month stint in NS, about half the price.

Its only in the last year that I've seen the 1st-gens here out west come into my price range.... so now I have 2! ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes