Aftermarket door shells

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never open / use the wings however I'm guessing they have plenty of clearance. Here's coupla pics when I was working on this truck. Biggest reason I used this style door was the power window switch location.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hold the phone... those are 92+ door panels? I might need to go to the scrapyard. I'm SO TIRED of locking the doors with my leg. Those don't seem like they'll look out of place if I can get the same color as my dash. THANK YOU!

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I think it's just a community nickname. I always referred to them as "bullet nose" or "newer" :D

I'll take everyone's bricknose electric door panels that aren't broke if they're just going to throw them away. I'm sorry enough that they aren't a problem, only the brittleness.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never open / use the wings however I'm guessing they have plenty of clearance. Here's coupla pics when I was working on this truck. Biggest reason I used this style door was the power window switch location.
Catbird - did you have to modify the newer door panel to work with the bricknose dash? I thought they would interfere. But ive never tried a set yet.

Mike. Id try to find factory doors. Much heavier and i think you will be happier. Sturdyness is my concern. Not the fit.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I’m going to try to hit a couple yards this weekend and see if there are any worth having.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it? Lol
Not much "Aero" about them though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Hey, compared to a bricknose... ;)

Actually, compared to some of the newer trucks, I'll bet they *are* more aerodynamic... Though that isn't saying a whole lot.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Catbird - did you have to modify the newer door panel to work with the bricknose dash? I thought they would interfere. But ive never tried a set yet.

Mike.
I'd try to find factory doors. Much heavier and i think you will be happier. Sturdyness is my concern. Not the fit.

The driver side fit without issue however passenger side near the top, and just under & forward of wing contacted the dash. I taped two or three ply's of cardboard to the end of dash, then used a heat gun to "heat-up / soften" the contact area on door panel, then closed the door and allowed it to cool. Worked great and is now "form fit" to my dash. There was also some minor electrical / wiring mods because the OBS power window plug is different than Brick. The colors do not match however nobody has ever mentioned it. 1987 cab & center console (originally red), 1989 dash, 1995 doors & rear set, 2005 bucket seats, headliner & carpet are aftermarket.Obs rear side windows.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a set that's listed as "rust free".

Attachments

• doc06212820180124120959.pdf
    419.6 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online