a good c6 rebuild kit?

Robert 85f250

Reaction score
so, i have a 1985 f250 with a 6.9, c6, no 4x4. the motor runs good once i get it started, ill be doing the return lines to take care of that, but the trans seems to be slipping very badly so i pulled the dipstick and found some pink-black gritty fluid. yay. my local junkyards are all picked clean for anything related to these engines so i have no hope of getting a used trans, so im going to rebuild it. do any of you have recommendations for a rebuild kit for this trans? ive never heard any strange noises, grinding, anything to suggest the gears are bad, so all im looking for is the wear parts, i just do not know if there are kits that work better with these trucks because of the relatively low rpm and high torque at low ranges.
i did try to search for this before asking, but i found no info on this part of the subject. if you can point me to a thread with the info i need, ill happily take this down

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Transstar or Alto. Both are good.

Transstar is what Ford uses in their trannys. Alto is an aftermarket company commonly used in performance applications.