A/C smells like P!SS

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure the cab drains are open. you should see water running out behind the fender /door junction while hosing it. if not, the slots are plugged. Bleach will get the surface odor off pretty quickly dumping a solution in the cowl while hosing.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I had the same situation. Turns out, mice moved into my heater core/fan area. Took forever to clean it out and get rid of the smell. Good luck.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
They meant evaporator, not condenser btw. You may be able to just pull the fan out and find whatever is stinky, if not, will need to dig deeper. If anything like the van, which im sure it is, the air intake is under the cowling under the windshield. May be a nest there and not at the fan/evaporator.

Bako IDI

Reaction score
so it was a new truck, pulled the intake off for the first time (big banks non wastegated intake box) and it had a fairly large rats nest in it, did my return lines, put it all back together, ive driven it around for a couple days and no **** smell.... guess that was it:cheers::thanks:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad you "fixed the **** smell"... Nothing worse than driving a smelly rig. Well maybe driving a rig that has a rattle you can't find..