A/C smells like P!SS

Bako IDI

Reaction score
So I just bought this new (to me) 1992 f250 7.3 idi, and its extremely clean, interior engine bay everything. and older Mexican gentleman owned it since it was new but for the last 3 years its been sitting in a goat pen not started or anything.. bought new batteries and it started up first crank, I was impressed.. has fuel leak on the front D/S injector cap but other then that its good to go.....EXCEPT...... the AC smells like human ****..... at an idle you cant smell it, whether its because its covered by the smell of fuel or what, but once you start driving, or turn the air on its an overwhelming smell of human ***....:puke::puke: I cant figure it out.. cant get the wife to ride with me because even with the windows down its unbearable...

ANY ideas will be appreciated!! :fart:puke: :sucks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Spray some febreeze in the ac suction vent in the passenger side foot well area. Also try leaving a paper plate covered in baking soda to collect odors. May need to open up the ac condenser and was out the rat or mouse ***. Inside the fan box is where they like to make a nest. sometimes it will catch fire on the fan speed controller. Even leaves that get caught in this area are known to burn off sometimes. Pine needles are the worst because they get in easier.

Bako IDI

Reaction score
ok ill try the first two. wheres the fan box? and how do I open the condenser? sorry I'm not very knowledgeable on AC systems.. thanks!;Sweet

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take out the glove compartment box and you will see the heater box. Open that up and clean it out. The hard part is getting the glove compartment out by pressing in toward the center of both sides and it will come free. :)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thye fan is located on the engine side of the firewal to the passenger side. Its the round can looking thing that is about 9 or 10 inches diameter. It will come loose with some work. the duct seal material really sticks the fan to the housing. Same seal used on any RV seal area... We used to call it dum dum.....

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The goats probably got on the hood and whizzed down the fresh air intake. I'd flood it with water and go from there

Bako IDI

Reaction score
I bet it is.. I'm hoping that's what it was, maybe they were up on the hood and pissed down the fresh air intake.... I didn't even think of that...duh:cheers::urinate ill post back on whether it worked or not

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet it is.. I'm hoping that's what it was, maybe they were up on the hood and pissed down the fresh air intake.... I didn't even think of that...duh:cheers::urinate ill post back on whether it worked or not
I have stray cats and they do it to mine occasionally. Thats why I recommend flooding it. Maybe put some soap in a bucket of warm water and pour that down there first?

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used this stuff to get rid of mouse **** in a van...seemed to work pretty good but it takes a couple of weeks for the enzymes to break it down and it has a pretty strong smell too.

Nature's Miracle Just for Cats

You must be registered for see images attach

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
However you "cover up" the smell, the remnants are still there. It very well might be human p!ss. I can't say what I've seen with some people or what they let their kids do....But some ethnicity's are worse than others....

I'd pull all that out and thoroughly clean and scrub it. Could be animal, could be human. Either way, every time that blower is on, its blowing that into your face, lungs and all over you....

Bako IDI

Reaction score
However you "cover up" the smell, the remnants are still there. It very well might be human p!ss. I can't say what I've seen with some people or what they let their kids do....But some ethnicity's are worse than others....

I'd pull all that out and thoroughly clean and scrub it. Could be animal, could be human. Either way, every time that blower is on, its blowing that into your face, lungs and all over you....

when you say it like that:puke:, I just might take it all out and scrub It lol

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
I would. Never know what "else" might be in there that has dried since its creation and is now blowing on you.... "Clean trucks aren't always clean and cheap trucks aren't always cheap."