93 f250 build

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kind of looked it up on Hypermax's website. Does it essentially limit fuel til boost comes up? Also does that help with fuel economy too?

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
if youre looking for a little more boost, wrap the crossover pipe that goes from the driver's side exhaust manifold to the up-pipe with exhaust wrap. I don't know if my max boost went up much, but it comes on sooner. Can definitely tell a difference, cheap upgrade.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have actually heard of Cummins guys using the AFC on their pumps to get better economy and then switch it to where they have max fuel output when they switch it using a boost contoller. Essentially what they do is adjust the AFC for max output and then keep it from seeing boost using the boost controller. If I was to do this, I would actually use an electronis controller. It would be a pretty cool setup!

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I have the smoke puff limiter mostly because my truck has to pass smog. My old pump was a POS and probably was just wasting fuel anyway, so I am not sure one fuel economy. But I do like it, I can set it so that I have NO black cloud at all on take off (which is the way I like it) no matter how hard mash the pedal.

WMOGUY: I honestly think my truck may be faster than yours now... Its been along time since that night I drove yours, and yours is an auto, but I will have to bring it up so you can take it on a test drive! Its freeking NUTS. Bold statement I know, but this thing REALLY puts you back in your seat!

I need a intercooler now... I am getting a TIG welder for my shop at work soon, and getting trained in TIG to weld stainless piping for work....

PZ

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info phazertwo. What all have you done since you drove his truck last? Also get that intercooler on? They make a lot of difference!!

wmoguy

Reaction score
I have the smoke puff limiter mostly because my truck has to pass smog. My old pump was a POS and probably was just wasting fuel anyway, so I am not sure one fuel economy. But I do like it, I can set it so that I have NO black cloud at all on take off (which is the way I like it) no matter how hard mash the pedal.

WMOGUY: I honestly think my truck may be faster than yours now... Its been along time since that night I drove yours, and yours is an auto, but I will have to bring it up so you can take it on a test drive! Its freeking NUTS. Bold statement I know, but this thing REALLY puts you back in your seat!

I need a intercooler now... I am getting a TIG welder for my shop at work soon, and getting trained in TIG to weld stainless piping for work....

PZ

Sweet!

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm6xfdnVm1k&list=UUotzsx8di6TN2fWYStSJTBQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Forgot to turn the radio off, but here is a video of the gauges with the moose pump. Sorry of the poor quality, hard to shoot and drive a stick.

I need to tweak the smoke puff limiter, it is holding the pump back just a touch to much on the lower end. However when it lets the pump go the truck flat MOVES.

I just sent icanfixall some monies for the timing meter rental, cant wait to get it timed and see what this thing really has. Than it will be time to cut the muffler out!

PZ

wmoguy

Reaction score
Sweet! What's max boost and egts? I can read those from iPad.

Btw you want the banks exhaust off my pickup? No muffler on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm6xfdnVm1k&list=UUotzsx8di6TN2fWYStSJTBQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Forgot to turn the radio off, but here is a video of the gauges with the moose pump. Sorry of the poor quality, hard to shoot and drive a stick.

I need to tweak the smoke puff limiter, it is holding the pump back just a touch to much on the lower end. However when it lets the pump go the truck flat MOVES.

I just sent icanfixall some monies for the timing meter rental, cant wait to get it timed and see what this thing really has. Than it will be time to cut the muffler out!

PZ

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Max boost so far is more than 15 PSI, and I can go over it easy. Just worried about my head gaskets. Its really crazy that I couldn't get my boost over 11 PSI with that old pump. I didn't adjust the waste gate, or do anything else, just added the moose pump, and I am pretty sure with the trailer I could get 17+PSI.

I might be interested in your banks exhaust, I don't need the down pipe though.

PZ

Sweet! What's max boost and egts? I can read those from iPad.

Btw you want the banks exhaust off my pickup? No muffler on it.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Max boost so far is more than 15 PSI, and I can go over it easy. Just worried about my head gaskets. Its really crazy that I couldn't get my boost over 11 PSI with that old pump. I didn't adjust the waste gate, or do anything else, just added the moose pump, and I am pretty sure with the trailer I could get 17+PSI.

I might be interested in your banks exhaust, I don't need the down pipe though.

PZ

Yep I bet 17 is no problem with trailer in tow. Just watch them head gaskets! :eek:

Exhaust is yours if you want it. It's all coming off soon.

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Figured I might as well drop an update in here...

The truck has been running great! I really haven't done anything to it... Still running the stock intake with a paper filter, and still need to make exhaust mods. I have now put 30k miles on this truck, and I haven't had any issues in a long time, it has been nothing but reliable. It hasn't even had a sniff of starting fluid since my last post (though a few times it did have to have the block heater plugged in).

Yesterday it pulled home my new toy:
You must be registered for see images attach

1959 (could be as new as 65 though) IH T-340 crawler, with a loader. Needs some love (like everything I buy) but we got it moving good enough to move some dirt with it yesterday. This thing is going to be allot of fun!

PZ