93 Dually 4x4 questions

f350idi4life

Reaction score
ok guys. I have searched and searched. I have a 93 dually that i am going to make 4x4. donor trucks is a 91 f350. I am going to go with the sky RSK. I would like to do the 5 inch in front and go with the 6 inch RSK in the rear. But I got to looking and to put bigger tires on it, so it will look good is going to be a pain. I have found only one company that makes a wider dually rim, then you run into clearance issues(hitting spring and then needing spacer in between.) Then i thought maybe i will just go with 3 inch up front and go just a tad bigger on tires. Any one have thoughts? 22.5 semi rims an option? or is that way more money?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Oh good lord. Just please don't do the semi wheels.
Not only do you have to worry about the tire hitting the spring, you need to keep the duals from touching each other. A big problem when you haul something, though it sounds like you won't be doing much if that.
Look into the super duty spring swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spacers aren't a very good idea if you a r en pulling much. Dad had a set of duals pass him on the interstate somewhere in Colorado while hauling 5 horses in a six horse trailer with living quarters. It wasn't the heaviest load he had pulled with the truck but the further out the wheels are the more stress it puts on the studs. It's like trying to turn a rusty bolt with a breaker bar so you go get the cheater pipe for some more torque

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

f350idi4life

Reaction score
The only ones I could find were eagle alloy. I think I may just go with the smaller lift and stay with 285/75r16. If I went with the bigger lift I wanted to go with 315 but I don't want them looking like ballons. Plus the I like the Cooper discover a/t and wit 315 they only come load range d. Which would be ok because I don't haul much. Just on the weekend I'll have my jeep and quads on the car trailer. I don't really like the look of 22.5, just wondering on those. I like more rubber than rim.

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super single!

Have you checked out American Force wheels?

An 8- lug adapter (2" bolt on spacer) would be a good start to the duals not touching. If you're going for looks, do that. If you're looking for functionality... lifting a dually will surely wreck the capability of the rig. Lower=safer imho

PMF does make a 2.25" rsk. Then do super duty b-code springs out back. Should sit level and you can do a 285/75-16 dura trac. I like those.

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
looking for somthing like this??
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

f350idi4life

Reaction score
Super single!

Have you checked out American Force wheels?

An 8- lug adapter (2" bolt on spacer) would be a good start to the duals not touching. If you're going for looks, do that. If you're looking for functionality... lifting a dually will surely wreck the capability of the rig. Lower=safer imho

PMF does make a 2.25" rsk. Then do super duty b-code springs out back. Should sit level and you can do a 285/75-16 dura trac. I like those.

I will have to check out the american force wheels. I ended up buying the sky 3 inch rsk. You are right i didn't want to lift it to where i couldn't use it. The 93 DRW doesn't have factory lift blocks. But the donor truck does so i am going to use those to level the rear out. Plus the DRW springs have two leafs added already. I guess I will see how tall it is once everything is on and im hoping I can just stay with the 285/75-16.

f350idi4life

Reaction score
Purg113 that truck is nice. I dont think mine will be that tall though. I see you dont have the dually rims up front. Does it track ok? Im pretty sure I have everything figured out except for the front. With not knowing how tall its going to be im not sure if i will need the dually rims up front or not. Anyone know if it really makes a difference other than having the front track with the inner rear?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purg113 that truck is nice. I dont think mine will be that tall though. I see you dont have the dually rims up front. Does it track ok? Im pretty sure I have everything figured out except for the front. With not knowing how tall its going to be im not sure if i will need the dually rims up front or not. Anyone know if it really makes a difference other than having the front track with the inner rear?

You will have to carry two spare tires.

f350idi4life

Reaction score
Haha well ill have to extra for the front and two for the rear. Honestly I dont even carry one now. But I dont go on long hauls.

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
it tracks fine. the front does not have dually rims because the po put a srw dana 60 under the frontend.
I am trying to find the parts I need to get it back to stock 4x4 height.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online