7.3 IDI Turbo Build for '87 Crew Cab Dually 4x4

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see this end uncompleted but I fully understand your reason. I've been following your youtube updates and you were well on the way to having an awesome rig there. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us as you were working on it. Not a simple task.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your service to our Country, and your retirement. Enjoy every day of it, as it quickly goes by.
I did 4 in the Navy,and been out 58 years.

Yes, thank You for all your time producing the Videos, they will help a lot of people.
You learned a lot of things about the IDI platform.
The next one will go much faster.

Goat

bulletpruf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see this end uncompleted but I fully understand your reason. I've been following your youtube updates and you were well on the way to having an awesome rig there. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us as you were working on it. Not a simple task.

Thanks, Dirtleg.

Scott

bulletpruf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your service to our Country, and your retirement. Enjoy every day of it, as it quickly goes by.
I did 4 in the Navy,and been out 58 years.

Yes, thank You for all your time producing the Videos, they will help a lot of people.
You learned a lot of things about the IDI platform.
The next one will go much faster.

Goat

Thanks for your service and the kind words, Goat.

Scott

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sad! You lost alot on it, but the circumstances are always a trouble. Over $17k, sold for less than $5k? I am sorry it ended this way. But someone got one hell of a cool truck.

Noticed you said that a CCLB dually 4WD was not available from Ford during this era. True for the USA, but Canadian market it was an option, a useful config in the Far North.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope the person who was the winning bidder, signs up on the Forum, and see where he takes it.
All the YT Videos Scott produced, if they watch them should send them this way.

Wonder how many on the Forum bid on it?

You will never get back the money to build a vehicle the way you want it. Never go into a project with that thought.
There is the cost of the parts, and your time.
What`s your time worth?

If Iam building something for me, I don`t think of time, it is the self satisfaction and the reward.

Goat

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Hope the person who was the winning bidder, signs up on the Forum, and see where he takes it.
That should be a stipulation. the winner has to sign up here before being allowed to take possession.
You will never get back the money to build a vehicle the way you want it. Never go into a project with that thought.
I just had that type of dealing with someone on Facebook a couple of weeks back. He didn't want to part out the truck, but refused to set a price. I told him that I'd insult him if I made an offer and I did. Long story short, I didn't end up with the truck. Since he didn't want to part out the truck, all of the extras that he had on the truck didn't add up to much value with a rod hanging out of the oil pan. People aren't taught that these days.

bulletpruf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So sad! You lost alot on it, but the circumstances are always a trouble. Over $17k, sold for less than $5k? I am sorry it ended this way. But someone got one hell of a cool truck.

Noticed you said that a CCLB dually 4WD was not available from Ford during this era. True for the USA, but Canadian market it was an option, a useful config in the Far North.

Well, it was painful, but I knew it was going to be when I sold it as an unfinished project. I'm ok with it -- I learned a lot, got my YouTube channel off the ground and monetized, and I stayed occupied and out of trouble while I was stationed 1,500 miles from my wife and daughter.

Thanks

bulletpruf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the YT Videos Scott produced, if they watch them should send them this way.

Wonder how many on the Forum bid on it?

There is the cost of the parts, and your time.
What`s your time worth?

If Iam building something for me, I don`t think of time, it is the self satisfaction and the reward.

Goat

New owners showed up today - both well-known forum members...

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hacked89 congratulations on the purchase of a very solid start to a bad ass truck.

James
Thanks, the truck will live on in more ways then one. From the pic you saw, I bought the truck. Over the next 24 hours I’ll be stripping it to roller to support my current and future projects. The roller is then going to another member and will support his initiatives.