2018 Oilburners Rally

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m about to be ready to hitch myself. I’d love to be completely packed by tomorrow night.

Heh.... I still have a fuel line to fix, a mud flap to install, and brakes to adjust..... I'd better start packing too lol!

It'd all be done if it wasn't 90+ here all week with high humidity. I like heat but this is a little intense for my taste. It's no fun to be drenched with sweat after 15min of not really doing much! Luckily there's a pool at the campground lol!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Well the new turbo was a huge bust so now I am scrambling to get the old one back in. I have it about 90 percent in, just need to finish the drain and a little IC tubing. It was not a complete bolt in since I am leaving the manifold flipped. I was really trying to avoid this last minute stuff, I started this over 3 weeks ago but kept getting side tracked. O well, such is tradition.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I really should update my thread.

I guess I'll be getting an F on that assignment.LOL

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the new turbo was a huge bust so now I am scrambling to get the old one back in. I have it about 90 percent in, just need to finish the drain and a little IC tubing. It was not a complete bolt in since I am leaving the manifold flipped. I was really trying to avoid this last minute stuff, I started this over 3 weeks ago but kept getting side tracked. O well, such is tradition.
Sorry to hear that, what was wrong with the s366?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about all that Joe! Was really looking forward to seeing you. Perhaps we can get together locally at some point. Commuting to Philly is tough. Been there. Done that. Won't ever do it again.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suzi,
I think this is current.

Saturday- Early arrivals, no events. I will be there on Saturday to meet people as they come in unless we are our usual late selves. No scheduled events.

Sunday- More arrivals, no events scheduled.

Monday - Tube slides late morning.

Tuesday- Show and shine in the afternoon Taco Tuesday at dinner time

Wednesday- Free play. There are lots of things to do and we will have a welcome packet for you with info. There are caverns and a civil war museum. Many other things in the area to check out and chill.

Thursday- Belmont Farms Distillery tour is at 11 am. We will need to be on the road around 9 am. It's a bit of a hike. Belmont Farms produces Tim Smith's ****** Moonshine of Discovery Channel's "Moonshiners" fame. Distillery tour is $5 which includes a tasting. You can do additional tastings for additional cost. Tour takes about an hour. The farm has a large pavilion on site we can use and do a brown bag lunch. So if you want to, toss a sandwich and a drink in the cooler and we can eat lunch on site. Otherwise, we will be close to Culpeper, VA where I'm sure there are restaurants. We will probably also be passing through Luray on the way back. There are family friendly things to do there besides the caverns and of course you can stop by ******'s Place and take a picture with the General.

Friday- Test and Tune at Eastside Speedway. Track opens at 5 pm I think. I talked to the track and they are more than happy to have us down for test and tune and will let us run all together. I think the cost is $20 per vehicle/driver and $10 per spectator. I still have a standing question with them on helmets. The person I talked to said yes. The web page says not for street class. If you want to partake in some friendly OB on OB racing action I would try to bring a helmet just in case. If memory serves it's about a 45 min drive to the track.

Saturday- Departures and Truck and Tractor pull Saturday night for those not leaving until Sunday and wanting to partake. It's pretty close by. I'll make sure that info ends up in the packet.

Sunday- Final departures

Other events-
Ice cream social- We are planning to do this again this year because who doesn't like ice cream?? That is floating around a bit at the moment and may be a game time decision. I'll supply the basics (ice cream and bowls). If folks would like to bring random toppings and such or if you want to bring an exotic flavor, be my guest. It will be informal but open to all.

Breakfast for dinner- This was an alternate idea to taco Tuesday that we kicked around. If there is enough interest, we can formalize it. If not, at some point I'll be cooking up a bunch of breakfast food and folks can feel free to join in and throw something in the pot.

Camp fire- In general I plan on having a camp fire every evening for folks to congregate. Everyone is welcome.

Caverns- If there is enough interest in a caverns trip say sometime Wednesday, most of the places do group rates so we can save a few bucks. They also usually require advance notice so we would have to figure that out. I know that's not everyone's thing *cough* Rob *cough* but it is a possible option.

Hopefully that is not too busy of a schedule. We tried to make sure there was plenty of down time to relax and hang out.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[emoji24][emoji24]
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk