2018 Oilburners Rally

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score

Ok boys and girls, Mike and I have found the campground for the 2018 rally!

The official dates are
Sunday July 8th through Saturday July 14th

12480 Mountain Valley Rd
Broadway, VA 22815
Web site: Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA
google map view

You must be registered for see images attach

Site Info:
It took some convincing, but we got the campground to reserve the area circled in red for us through April 1st. Notice there are many long pull-through sites in our area, and also some back-ins. You can see based on the layout that this was the best area to grab even though some folks may be in a back-in site. We are looking for volunteers to save themselves a few bucks and take a back-in if you can get away with it with your rig. This will allow those who really need a pull-through to stay close to the group.

They also have 5 cabins, one additional lodge, and many tent sites available, but these are not being held for us. So if you need one of these you need to BOOK EARLY! We couldn't get the cabins and tents reserved since our argument was keeping the group together. The cabins and tent sites are where they are.

I will be in lodge L02, and Mike will be in spot 22.​

Rates:
They don't set the 2018 rates till much later in the year, so the below rates are approximate. The below rates are based on this year’s rates and a 10% discount if more than 10 of us show up, which seems more than likely. They advised the rates don't change more than 5% in either direction year to year.

Per night
Full hookup pull-throughs $49~
Full hookup back-ins $45~
Lodge ( only one is left, I took the other ) $119~
Cabin (5 total, these aren't being held for us so book early) $58.5~
Tent with electric and water $36~​

Reservation Instructions:
You can make your reservation NOW! To make your reservation, call the campground at 800-562-5406 or 540-896-8929. Tell the clerk who answers you are with the oilburners group, and will be taking one of the reservations under R o b e r t F o x ' s name. (even if you are reserving a tent site or cabin) Give them your site preference / needs. Before you give your credit card number make sure you are clear that you only wish to put a deposit down.

Please do not use their online system to try and make your reservation. It will confuse folks in general, and also not count towards our group discount.

They will charge you a $50 deposit, and you can get it back if you cancel at least 48hrs before your start date. They charge a $10 processing fee for cancellations.

If you run into any confusion or trouble, ask the clerk to check with Monica. She is the campground owner and the one who set up our arrangement.​

Important!
I know we say this every year, but this year especially PLEASE BOOK EARLY.
You can see that this is a relatively small campground, and it is in a very popular area. They will release our sites after April 1st. After this date you are on your own in terms of being close to the group with full hookups. I'm actually concerned that if someone were to wait past April 1st they may not be able to get a site at all. PLEASE BOOK EARLY.​

The campground owners are excited to host our group and also ask for our patience. They typically don't do group reservations of this size in this way so there is a chance there could be some confusion along the way, but they assure Mike and I they will accommodate us.

I'm sure Mike would agree that we are really looking forward to the rally, and can’t wait to see everyone. Now that we have the site nailed down, we can start working on the agenda, stay tuned!

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just reserved a cabin. Got one right beside a bathroom shower area, only 3 left and the other lodge is still available. If your considering going but don't know how long you can stay and you want a cabin as long as you call a week in advance Monica said she can easily change arrival and departure times so better off calling and over reserving then waiting for someone else to take one if your like me and don't have a camper and don't want to stay in a tent.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again! Just gotta cross my fingers that our store inventory isn't that week but it's almost always in May.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair warning, I just called and a FULL deposit is required for Cabins.

Don't take mine, I need another couple weeks to scrounge up another couple hundred to book! :p

Google says 6-1/2hrs away. REALLY hoping to make it to this one!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We realize a lot of folks don’t frequent the forums so we decided to put up a dedicated FB page to keep the info consolidated. It is located here. We will do our best to keep things updated and mirror whatever info needs passed along both here and on FB.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/295935714223044

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missy and I are in site 30.

She (Monica) suggested that site after inquiring about the size of the rig and camper.

Excited boys!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Congrats on campground and being our 2018 wagon masters!

Heath

Last edited:

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someday I will come from the west coast for this. Sadly not this year, but I hope the rally stays alive so I can roadtrip out to meet this dedicated, yet potentially twisted, group.

Big kudos to the two stepping up and riding herd on the shenanigans. I am impressed with the level of dedication in vehicle repair and fellowship. Truly hats off in respect gentlemen.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Yep. You already know my short list. :)

Seriously considering getting Erica a truck. That will let me pull this one from weekend use and allow work to begin. Lot of moving parts at the moment. We also need to get together to hammer out what / how / how much help we can provide.

Should be leaving Thurmont on the 7th before noon which puts us at the campground no later than 3.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks please bear with me on this FB thing as I’ve never really done it before. I’ve gotten requests for people I can’t figure out if they should be in the group or are asking to join for nefarious reasons. I ask for OB handle because frankly I don’t know a lot of your real names. If I decline you, don’t take it personal please. It just means I couldn’t place you. PM me here and we will try to get it sorted.

Thanks!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Folks please bear with me on this FB thing as I’ve never really done it before. I’ve gotten requests for people I can’t figure out if they should be in the group or are asking to join for nefarious reasons. I ask for OB handle because frankly I don’t know a lot of your real names. If I decline you, don’t take it personal please. It just means I couldn’t place you. PM me here and we will try to get it sorted.

Thanks!
I think this is very fair. I am not super Facebook savvy also but it seems like it can be a big job keeping trouble out. People that look legit with lots of friends can be spam now.....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk