2018 Oilburners Rally

Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by F350camper, Oct 13, 2017.

1. hesutton

hesutton The Anti-Anderson Supporting Member

It is part of the trailer (or hauling) package option from Ford. I can't remember the actual Ford term for it now. LOL I plan on mounting it just above the rear storage compartment and running the wiring down under the camper. Gonna pull the skirt off the bottom. Likely bring it out through the propane tank closet and vent in the front.

The 12 pin plug on the F450 is on the bumper. Need to drop the plug for the camera/TPM out before the fifth wheel/bed of the truck. Would have been ideal to have both the 7 pin and 12 pin in the truck bed.... but they didn't do that.... just the 7 pin.

If it all works like it's supposed to.... should see what's behind the camper on my in cab monitor while backing her up. Usually not too bad at a campground. I have at least one spotter (Missy), usually more..... lots of "helpers" at most campgrounds. It will really help when putting it back into the shop at home and moving in crowded parking lots traveling to and from....

Heath

laserjock likes this.
  2. laserjock

laserjock Almost there... Supporting Member

Yep. I’m in the same boat. My goal was to the camera on a mag mount. Run a plug to the back of the truck somewhere so I can use it for hitching the trailer, then run a cable to the back of the camper (extension cord basically) and stick the camera either on the bumper or the spare tire carrier. I also am dubious as to if I’ll get that done in time. Lol

3. Danielle

Danielle I'm kind of not allowed any more trucks! Supporting Member

I did a camera on magnet for my truck camper with an on/off switch instead of reverse. I used it mostly as a rearview mirror to see when to pull over to let people pass my slow self. Amazon has some really neat wireless options with multi cameras now.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

4. F350camper

F350camper BOOST!

Well folks the day is drawing near! Time to shake out all those PRTJs and get ready to be on the road!

Here are a couple of blast from the past rally pics to get everyone motivated.

Picture 026idi.jpg Picture 029idi.jpg Picture 013.jpg Silly Pic.jpg

blizzard3.jpg

tjsea, Dirtleg, no mufflers and 2 others like this.
  5. F350camper

F350camper BOOST!

couple more
    no radiator.jpg

Picture 034.jpg

6. hesutton

hesutton The Anti-Anderson Supporting Member

Rob, that was TN 2006........ yes???

I see both Eric and Aric's trucks, Ezekiel (man, I miss his famous bread pudding), Tim's IDI conversion, Mel's Bronco IDI conversion, Joe's rig, BJ's too.

Been a few years. That was the first rally I had my IDI finished. Poor old girl is worse for wear after 12 years. LOL

Heath

F350camper likes this.
  7. F350camper

F350camper BOOST!

You nailed it Heath, 2006 TN.

Don't worry heath, there is still time to patch up your original IDI and bring it up. quart of bondo, some chicken wire, and some Rustoleum. LOL Just have Missy tow the camper up with the Buji f450.

8. F350camper

F350camper BOOST!

My pre rally list. Gonna take these here floor mats, and put them in the Excursion.

Whew, sounds exhausting ...LOL

20180614_171352.jpg

9. laserjock

Man. Rob take it easy. You aren’t as young as you were in that picture up there. Don’t want to see you overdo it.

LOL LOL LOL

Dirtleg, tjsea, no mufflers and 3 others like this.
  10. no mufflers

no mufflers Supporting Member Supporting Member

yeah i would start on that first thing in the morning. might take you a solid day to install LOL.

F350camper likes this.
  11. reset2

reset2 Full Access Member

We had reserved one of the cabins for the week but to busy. We will be not staying on Sunday or Monday with the arrival on Tuesday in plenty of time for the planned events (Love me some tacos). Plan to cancel the reservation for the two nights. Just to let the group know the cabin will be available but only for Sunday night and Monday if you want to call the campground to reserve it. We will be arriving Tuesday to stay in the cabin.

Trans doing good so far. Looks like the bent up bed will see another rally, but the ac works.

By the way read the instructions on the floor mats. I hear that you have to fold them just right to install. Also will you need a mud puddle to park by so the floor mats will get some use?

Dirtleg and F350camper like this.
  12. laserjock

Anyone else? I count 5 here so far. Need to let Wes know so they get here in time. I’ll place the order with him Monday.

13. laserjock

In case you were wondering... there’s officially less than 3 weeks to rally time.

chillman88, tjsea and no mufflers like this.
  14. no mufflers

no mufflers Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oh yeah, y'all will be smelling fresh paint. I have one more trip to the scrap yard with it then it's coming apart.

If I can't get it done I might be in a Dodge.:puke: at least it's a diesel.

15. chillman88

chillman88 Supporting Member Supporting Member

At least I'm not the only one who has that problem lol! I think all I have on my checklist is new fluid in my zf5.