2018 Oilburners Rally

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have adjustable antenna and the meter to tune them. i have an old cb but have had the same problem with others.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many of you have CB’s in your trucks? Trying to decide if I should add that to my rally prep list. If it could be useful I may take a whack at it. It’s going in eventually.

I will be putting mine on before the trip.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I have a cb in the ranger, but at this point im only planning to bring the excursion. I have several frs radios that I will bring. The kids will have fun playing with them if nothing else. LOL

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used to just throw one on the truck for the rally and use a magnetic antenna. However, a magnetic antenna won't work on my new truck. Aluminum isn't ferrous. LOL

Heath
Rub it in why don’t ya.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had one of those, I’d burn the starter up in no time. Can’t hear the damn things run walking right beside them. I’d forget it was running and keep trying to start it. It’s probably too smart for that though.

We’re all just jealous Heath. Pay us no attention.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had one of those, I’d burn the starter up in no time. Can’t hear the damn things run walking right beside them. I’d forget it was running and keep trying to start it. It’s probably too smart for that though.

I actually did that a couple times with my old truck. Factory exhaust you couldn't tell it was running unless you tried to. Cheapo dynomax catback fixed that up quick lol!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missy really likes that we can talk in the truck while hauling the camper now. For years.... just screams and hand signals.... like an football coach calling plays from the sidelines. LOL

If you hit the button (no key in an ignition switch) after is it running, it will just kill it, it is pretty smart for a dang dually haul rig. Man it has a lot of buttons.

Heath

Last edited:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope to have time to mount the backup camera on the camper and wire it and the trailer tire pressure monitoring system before we head east.

Said the same thing last year.... didn't happen.

Heath
Tell me more about this backup camera you speak of.... I was working on a wireless setup but lost steam. Was considering a wired setup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86