2018 Oilburners Rally

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man you guys got this thing setup real well, wish I could get away from the shop to come up, thank you Mike and Rob for the work y’all have put in for organizing this, I look forward to someday making it up to the east coast to join one of the rally’s :cheers:

As much as I like not driving very far, we are probably due for a Midwest Rally location next year. Just need someone to step up and put a good hosting bid in. I wouldn’t mind seeing a different part of the country. A mountain west rally would be really cool too. Hint...Hint.... Hint....

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds great Mike. I can't wait to finally get there and enjoy the week.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there an update on people or site change? i know there was a list of people but wasn't sure if anything changed or not.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t have that handy but I can say the t shirt deadline is now 6-9 Friday. That’s the absolute end date. Tell your friends.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my shirts ordered last night. This is really getting close to time wahooo!

pafixitman

Reaction score
I have told Mike about this but guess I will post it here also.

First and foremost I feel like I let Mike and Rob down. Erica and me had planned to be there early and stay late to assist along with coordinating a wine tasting tour. Unfortunately we have had to cancel going to the rally. Mike knows more of the details but the shorter version is:

Erica's business (flipping houses) is basically a very high stakes house of cards. Weather, permitting, contractor delays with her biggest venture (to date) has put us 6 weeks behind schedule (the daily financial hit to us is huge). That has backed up the rehab schedule on the next two houses.

My job...seems someone close to the c-suite at corporate chose me to be the east coast subject matter expert on a very large project that may span the next 24 months. This has required me to be on the west coast 3 weeks in a 6 week span. In addition I changed local branches from Baltimore to Philadelphia. Currently I commute - 225 miles round trip 5 - 7 hours daily.

Both Doug and Nicole got summer jobs as camp counselors. Doug will be in the Poconos starting next week. Nicole will be local but I cannot rely on my ex to get her to the job on time so she will live with us and Erica will take her and pick her up during the week. Sadly Nicole's mother is giving her hell for getting the job and not being there with her etc....

Doug struggled with his first year at Millersville University so we are sorting through that.

And... we are moving in with her dad and selling our house. (maintaining 5 yards at the moment is rough) This move is for multiple reasons but I think it will help with the stress of having to drive over and check on him everyday.

So...to ease some financial obligations, stress and scheduling issues we decided to cancel. Hopefully we can take a day at least and drive down to say hi.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have told Mike about this but guess I will post it here also.

First and foremost I feel like I let Mike and Rob down. Erica and me had planned to be there early and stay late to assist along with coordinating a wine tasting tour. Unfortunately we have had to cancel going to the rally. Mike knows more of the details but the shorter version is:

Erica's business (flipping houses) is basically a very high stakes house of cards. Weather, permitting, contractor delays with her biggest venture (to date) has put us 6 weeks behind schedule (the daily financial hit to us is huge). That has backed up the rehab schedule on the next two houses.

My job...seems someone close to the c-suite at corporate chose me to be the east coast subject matter expert on a very large project that may span the next 24 months. This has required me to be on the west coast 3 weeks in a 6 week span. In addition I changed local branches from Baltimore to Philadelphia. Currently I commute - 225 miles round trip 5 - 7 hours daily.

Both Doug and Nicole got summer jobs as camp counselors. Doug will be in the Poconos starting next week. Nicole will be local but I cannot rely on my ex to get her to the job on time so she will live with us and Erica will take her and pick her up during the week. Sadly Nicole's mother is giving her hell for getting the job and not being there with her etc....

Doug struggled with his first year at Millersville University so we are sorting through that.

And... we are moving in with her dad and selling our house. (maintaining 5 yards at the moment is rough) This move is for multiple reasons but I think it will help with the stress of having to drive over and check on him everyday.

So...to ease some financial obligations, stress and scheduling issues we decided to cancel. Hopefully we can take a day at least and drive down to say hi.

I you many good things ahead sure and best of luck with less stress and family is family I drive 24 miles around trip a day before my job to see that my grandma is took care of an all her needs are met. One day I hope to meet the lot of ya

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a shirt thread? I guess I missed it. Been busier than a ****** on $5 Thursdays.

Joe, sorry to hear about all the stress and craziness. Bummed we can't hang out this summer. Hope all settles down and life treats you and yours a little better.

Missy and I will fill in the blanks on the tacos. Just don't know what's missing. Her mother suffered a spinal cord injury on Easter and she had been helping with her recovery and care for much of the last two months.

Heath

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a shirt thread? I guess I missed it. Been busier than a ****** on $5 Thursdays.

Joe, sorry to hear about all the stress and craziness. Bummed we can't hang out this summer. Hope all settles down and life treats you and yours a little better.

Missy and I will fill in the blanks on the tacos. Just don't know what's missing. Her mother suffered a spinal cord injury on Easter and she had been helping with her recovery and care for much of the last two months.

Heath
There’s no thread Heath. Info is in this thread.

Here’s the link.

https://www.customink.com/g/hdd0-00be-3mau

We will compile the list for tacos. Rob started to on the FB page but we need to go over it and update it I think. It may be in here too.

Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery for the MIL. That kind of thing is no joke.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Bringing the taco Tuesday potluck signup to the top

Mike, Heath and Rob (that's me!) have volunteered to fill in the holes that are left on the big day.

We are estimating between 25 and 30 adults and 10 to 12 kids.

Meats (ground, shredded, smoked, grilled, fried or however you like it!)
Beef (Danielle vampire taco meat)
Chicken
Pork​
Taco shells
Flour tortillas (Mel and Suzi)
Cookies (Mel and Suzi)
Tortilla chips (Elijah)
Dips
Salsa (Brian and Autumn)
Guacamole
Seven layer​
Beans