2018 Oilburners Rally

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can do drinks! I'm assuming assoted sodas, lemonade, teacooler, ect? I was gonna say I could do ground beef too, but it looks like Danielle already got that. I think we should convince Andy to smoke some sort of meat for it :D

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of you may have seen this and some may not have.

https://www.oilburners.net/threads/oilburners-stickers-now-available.83118/#post-991378

I know some of you don’t do the paypal thing and at @no mufflers suggestion, I talked to Wes and since he’s going to send me one anyway he said he will send me stickers for folks to pick up at the rally. You can pay me for them when you pick them up. If you are interested let me know so I can tell him about how many to send. Probably best to PM me here and we will make it happen. Let me know in the next few days so things have time to happen. @Thewespaul

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another completely random thought. Does anyone want timing equipment? Is anyone else bringing timing equipment? At some point I’d like to check my meter against another one but doesn’t have to be the rally.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely curious to see how well my ear timing meter works.. lol. I'd bet 1$ I'm + or - 2 degrees but wouldn't bet much more haha :D

Last edited:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll buy a sticker at the rally. Saves Wes wasting an extra stamp and envelope.

I'm hoping someone will toss a meter on my truck. I'm pretty sure I'm advanced because my injectors are original but I'd like to see.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many of you have CB’s in your trucks? Trying to decide if I should add that to my rally prep list. If it could be useful I may take a whack at it. It’s going in eventually.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have one. for some reason i have always had trouble getting it to work properly. i had a member on here give me some help and advice so it works pretty well.

so mike maybe you can become a wiz at cb operation and help me out. i think rob has some knowledge on them also.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have one. for some reason i have always had trouble getting it to work properly. i had a member on here give me some help and advice so it works pretty well.

so mike maybe you can become a wiz at cb operation and help me out. i think rob has some knowledge on them also.
I am no **** that’s for sure. Unless you’ve got a “good” radio, about all you can do is tune the antenna. That’s about all I know. I’m not even sure how to tune it other than length. I also know the antenna has to be grounded to work well. That’s a pitfall with some of the mag mounts and the through glass ones. Most cheaper radios don’t really have a standing wave meter so you have to have another piece of equipment to tune it. Personally, I’ve always just slapped it on and ran it. :dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.