2018 Oilburners Rally

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radio is in. Made the antenna bracket. Think it will go nicely between the bed and cab. Waiting for the cable and antenna.

It was like a time machine sitting in the seat. That’s exactly where this radio lived for years in my 88.

You must be registered for see images attach

Have to drill for the antenna mount once it gets here so I don’t screw up.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my cb mounted too! It's not a permanent location, but it'll work for now.

I was very strongly considering mounting mine there but I ended up putting my fire extinguisher there so thats out. Mine will be above the mirror. Just need to find my Mic and power cable, not sure how they got seperated from the radio... I've only moved 3-4 times since I had it in a truck lol!

Its suprising how limiting a manual transmission can be when mounting a full sized cb!

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was very strongly considering mounting mine there but I ended up putting my fire extinguisher there so thats out. Mine will be above the mirror. Just need to find my Mic and power cable, not sure how they got seperated from the radio... I've only moved 3-4 times since I had it in a truck lol!

Its suprising how limiting a manual transmission can be when mounting a full sized cb!
That's for sure! Heck I had to turn and angle it just right to clear the shifter, lol! Eventually I want to build an overhead console to put it above the mirror.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's for sure! Heck I had to turn and angle it just right to clear the shifter, lol! Eventually I want to build an overhead console to put it above the mirror.

That's my eventual plan too but for now a simple bracket will do.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was my original plan too but it’s out of the way where it is. Obviously my radio isnt nearly as large as yours.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My list is to find and remove the corpse somewhere in my truck so I can drive it. I was using it as my daily driver while I fixed sexyminivan's AC. But now it has become unbearable

I found CBs on Amazon and think I may try to install in camper and truck for the drive to and from Rally so I can amuse my husband with rude comments (he is not much of a talker at all haha) but I am not sure how difficult they are to install.

First spouse needs to decide which vehicle he wants to drive. I think he might do the highway driving in camper and I'll park it. The clutch and shifting in my CC is worlds apart from the clutch and shifting of the TDI haha

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also is anyone bringing dogs? Looks like there is a dog park but no "day care".

We want to participate in the off site activities but trying to figure out whether or not to bring the pooches

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also is anyone bringing dogs? Looks like there is a dog park but no "day care".

We want to participate in the off site activities but trying to figure out whether or not to bring the pooches

We would have, but the cabins say they limit weight to 30lbs which means no dogs, only cats weight under 30lbs :p

Our ol boy is probably 80lbs or more. He's a total teddy bear, but rules is rules.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe they won't notice cause she's stealthy haha

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe they won't notice cause she's stealthy haha

We would have, but the cabins say they limit weight to 30lbs which means no dogs, only cats weight under 30lbs :p

Our ol boy is probably 80lbs or more. He's a total teddy bear, but rules is rules.

Both awesome looking fur kids I have a pure breed pitbull that brindle color n she weights about 225 lbs

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The meat I am bribging is skirt steak marinated with Steve's vampire seasoning.

I can also bring a bunch of ground beef with traditional taco seasoning? I was trying to read every thread to see if that was assigned.
Bringing the taco Tuesday potluck signup to the top

Mike, Heath and Rob (that's me!) have volunteered to fill in the holes that are left on the big day.

We are estimating between 25 and 30 adults and 10 to 12 kids.

Meats (ground, shredded, smoked, grilled, fried or however you like it!)
Beef (Danielle vampire taco meat)
Chicken
Pork​
Taco shells
Flour tortillas (Mel and Suzi)
Cookies (Mel and Suzi)
Tortilla chips (Elijah)
Dips
Salsa (Brian and Autumn)
Guacamole
Seven layer​
Beans
Refried (Jared and Jill)
Black​
Mexican rice
Toppings
Shredded cheese (Brian and Autumn)
Lettuce
Tomato
Onion
Taco sauce
Sour cream​
Taquitos
Fresh cut fruit
Drinks
Tableware (Chris and Crystel)
Plates (Jared and Jill)
Cups
Napkins (Jared and Jill)
Plastic utensils (Jared and Jill)​
Or anything you think sounds good!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missy really likes that we can talk in the truck while hauling the camper now. For years.... just screams and hand signals.... like an football coach calling plays from the sidelines. LOL

If you hit the button (no key in an ignition switch) after is it running, it will just kill it, it is pretty smart for a dang dually haul rig. Man it has a lot of buttons.

Heath
Funny you say that. I think Steve prefers when he CAN'T hear me yapping ceaselessly [emoji23][emoji23] (so glad he isn't on here!)

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good Danielle if you’d like to do that. I think we are doing bulk chicken fajita/taco filling. I think the plan is tentatively to do a finished compilation this weekend so we all have time to prepare.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FordLTDiesel