2018 Oilburners Rally Location Nomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Removing my hat from the circle, think it's only fair that someone who has been to the rally should host it

Last edited:

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things I need to do before an northeast IDI rally:

1. Install overdrive
2. Install non-broken fuel tank pickups
3. Install in-cab urination system
Lmao delete number 3 you will have to get fuel that will give you time for that [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missy and I were looking at Gatlinburg, TN. Lots campgrounds there. We could camp for two weeks and still have new stuff to try. It's about 4 hours away from us. So folks coming from the west it'll be an extra 4 four hours driving compared to the KY rally.

I still would like an OH rally as it would be more central for most, but, I don't have a clue about where to have something there.

Heath

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missy and I were looking at Gatlinburg, TN. Lots campgrounds there. We could camp for two weeks and still have new stuff to try. It's about 4 hours away from us. So folks coming from the west it'll be an extra 4 four hours driving compared to the KY rally.

I still would like an OH rally as it would be more central for most, but, I don't have a clue about where to have something there.

Heath
I like this idea. That's beautiful country down there.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fwiw

On the shovel site, we end up with minni shovelfest's...
The big dawg is in the eastern central section....
Perhaps an east and west coast along with a central ralley???

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Central rally would be the only one I and many other members would be able to attend because of the distance. I'll see how this years Texas rally goes, I'm gonna talk to everyone about possibly doing a central rally;Sweet

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Heath

My wife has a friend in Sevierville, that she would love to go see so I could see this working in my favor!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fwiw

On the shovel site, we end up with minni shovelfest's...
The big dawg is in the eastern central section....
Perhaps an east and west coast along with a central ralley???
With such a large group in a large country, I don't think a single rally for the whole continent would be practical. We've had a few brave souls make the cross country trip to the east coast rally. Gary (icanfixall in '09) and Calvin (towcat in '12). It think the only way it could be reasonable would be to have regional rallies. Eastern US has been meeting since '01. Would be really cool to have year events on the west, and central part of the country. But, it takes a couple of guys in theses areas to get it rolling. Trust me, organize it, and folks will come and come year after year.

Heath

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With such a large group in a large country, I don't think a single rally for the whole continent would be practical. We've had a few brave souls make the cross country trip to the east coast rally. Gary (icanfixall in '09) and Calvin (towcat in '12). It think the only way it could be reasonable would be to have regional rallies. Eastern US has been meeting since '01. Would be really cool to have year events on the west, and central part of the country. But, it takes a couple of guys in theses areas to get it rolling. Trust me, organize it, and folks will come and come year after year.

Heath
Jenn and I have been thinking about doing one out our way. Would not commit to anything until we do a lot of investigating but Heath's thoughts are exactly my thoughts since we are spread out all across this country.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jenn and I have been thinking about doing one out our way. Would not commit to anything until we do a lot of investigating but Heath's thoughts are exactly my thoughts since we are spread out all across this country.

BJ, I know you would put on an excellent rally. You've been to many and even hosted the rally down in TN in '06 (it was a great event man). It would be awesome to see an OB rally out your way buddy.

Heath

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BJ, I know you would put on an excellent rally. You've been to many and even hosted the rally down in TN in '06 (it was a great event man). It would be awesome to see an OB rally out your way buddy.

Heath
Thx Heath we are looking around to find a great spot to host in the future. We will definitely host one in our region. Maybe not next year but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online