2017 Texas IDI Meet

Where should the Texas IDI Meet take place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timeframe for the meet works for me, truck is ready to go. Should be a great time and will be nice for us to have our trucks timed by equipment to

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's a rain day here, man we sure need it so here's an update for y'all.

After speaking with some local members I think inks lake will be the best option for us, it's central enough for us Texans but northern enough for other states to join us and also very affordable stay while still a great time ;Sweet
We are looking at being there November 25-26 and I will try to get there the 24th to setup camp and to be in the area if anyone has any issues along the way. As mentioned before I will be bringing out timing equipment but after speaking with @IDIBRONCO about cylinder head porting I think I'll be bringing a spare cylinder head to show some porting work that can be done. I would like to bring out a pop tester and do a demo on rebuilding injectors as well. Is there anything else y'all would like to see? Any parts y'all need that I can bring with me?

I'll be updating the first post of the thread with dates and location.

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I pmed you, but I also have a pair of 6.9 heads that I can bring along. I'll bring my other "tools" too.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping I can swing it to go... Might have to carpool with someone if I can't afford the fuel at the time... Thewespaul???

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's a rain day here, man we sure need it so here's an update for y'all.

After speaking with some local members I think inks lake will be the best option for us, it's central enough for us Texans but northern enough for other states to join us and also very affordable stay while still a great time ;Sweet
We are looking at being there November 26-27 and I will try to get there the 25th to setup camp and to be in the area if anyone has any issues along the way. As mentioned before I will be bringing out timing equipment but after speaking with @IDIBRONCO about cylinder head porting I think I'll be bringing a spare cylinder head to show some porting work that can be done. I would like to bring out a pop tester and do a demo on rebuilding injectors as well. Is there anything else y'all would like to see? Any parts y'all need that I can bring with me?

I'll be updating the first post of the thread with dates and location.

A word of caution about inks Lake State Park, it is one of the busiest State Parks we have. If you want to get spots next to each other, it will have to be worked out well in advance. As it is with all state parks, it is first come, first served on spots. They have blocked off sections in the past for large groups, but I don't know if they do that any longer. They may do it if everyone books their reservation and pays in advance from the website, with a call to the Park Ranger.

Inks Lake is about 15 minutes from me, I know the place very well and it is a near perfect place to meet.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A word of caution about inks Lake State Park, it is one of the busiest State Parks we have. If you want to get spots next to each other, it will have to be worked out well in advance. As it is with all state parks, it is first come, first served on spots. They have blocked off sections in the past for large groups, but I don't know if they do that any longer. They may do it if everyone books their reservation and pays in advance from the website, with a call to the Park Ranger.

Inks Lake is about 15 minutes from me, I know the place very well and it is a near perfect place to meet.

Very good point! Guadalupe state park down the road from me is almost unbearable with the amount of people flocking to it now. We should definitely do a reservation deadline for those who want a hookup with the group.

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would also call the park ranger and see if they can block a section off with the paid reservations. That way everyone will be together instead of spread all over the park.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well if you're planning to have it on the 26th and 27th of November, I'll have bow out now. There's just no way I could be there for those days. I have Thanksgiving off, the next day isn't required, but if it lasts until the 27th, I'd have to use the 28th to get back home and wouldn't be back to work until the 29th. I can't take a week off of work. Sorry.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if you're planning to have it on the 26th and 27th of November, I'll have bow out now. There's just no way I could be there for those days. I have Thanksgiving off, the next day isn't required, but if it lasts until the 27th, I'd have to use the 28th to get back home and wouldn't be back to work until the 29th. I can't take a week off of work. Sorry.

Man I'm glad you brought this up, I mixed the dates up. It will be Saturday and Sunday which is 25-26. I'll try to be up there on the 24th to help anyone that has issues on there trip. Sorry for the confusion, above post has been edited

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well good. Hopefully I'll be able to make that then. I say it that way because it's still over 700 miles one way for me.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
More questions. Originally, I was thinking about bringing my slide in camper. After looking at the miles on Mapquest, I'm going to be leaving it at home and tenting it. If I can get even 1 or 2 more miles per gallon by leaving the camper at home, then it would really make a difference in the cost since it will be over 1400 miles round trip. I know that no one can say for sure, but what are the normal temps for that time of year? Neither my tent or my camper have any facilities. I assume that there will be at least outhouses there. What about a showerhouse? I don't mind paying so I'm not worried about that.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last winter we had maybe two or three days it came close to freezing, but it's normally pretty nice weather and should be decent enough to be in a tent, then again it's Texas!

There are indeed outhouses and I believe a place to shower as well, I'll be calling the park ranger tomorrow so I'll verify that with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88