2017 Rally Route / Convoy thread (east coasters)

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here are some updates on my end.

I plan to meet Tyler at a shell station in Hartford CT.
location: 131 Brainard RD, Hartford CT. it seems to a good central point to get on and off the highway. it is 1hr 20min from my starting point.

from their we will be heading to lickdale PA. its about a 4hr 30min drive. we plan to take 91 to CT15 to 287 to 78 to exit 90.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any news from jarred or mike if they will be joining the convoy?

it looks like we will have 6 trucks so far. were going to look pretty bad ass pulling into the campground :cool.

who will be taking pictures?

also who has CBs in their trucks?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a CB but for some reason I can only hear other people talking. when I hit the mic button it lights up but no one can hear me talk. I just put a new unit in to.

any thoughts? maybe its the antenna? it sucks there aren't many people around my area with them.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
We are still in the air for how we will be traveling down. Like I said having kids really slows you down lol.

That and I don't have an overdrive yet so I travel slow, about 55 to 60. I am trying hard to fix that soon though.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't reserved yet but... that will probably change this week. Then I just need a camper to park in the space and something to tow it with for that matter. LOL

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new place is by the big pilot station on 78 I think exit 11. Can I join you around there? If no one needs to stop I can just time to jump on board

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new place is by the big pilot station on 78 I think exit 11. Can I join you around there? If no one needs to stop I can just time to jump on board

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

are you in PA now? if im looking at the right place your close to where Alex lives.

from previous discussions I will be meeting Alex at a loves truck stop on 81. if you could meet us there that would be the easiest.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a CB but for some reason I can only hear other people talking. when I hit the mic button it lights up but no one can hear me talk. I just put a new unit in to.

any thoughts? maybe its the antenna? it sucks there aren't many people around my area with them.
What is your setup? The Ideal setup is a 18 foot cable with a antenna that you can adjust. The Biggest thing is to make sure it is grounded properly, with out ground you can hear people but can't talk more than about 100 ft. Really need an SWR meter to check your antenna to make so it is set right also. (Truck stop has SWR for about 15 bucks) once everything is setup right if people still can't hear you then your Mic is bad. Antenna needs to be mounted at the highest point on your truck.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you in PA now? if im looking at the right place your close to where Alex lives.

from previous discussions I will be meeting Alex at a loves truck stop on 81. if you could meet us there that would be the easiest.

I'll be in NJ. If you're taking 287 to 78 you will pass my house. I can meet at the stop on 81 no problem. What do you think the average speed is for most of the convoy? I wonder if I should just leave ahead of time?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we are taking I-84 to PA which brings us to 81. we haven't discussed a speed yet. I figured with the three bikes, gear and people I will have an extra 3,000 pounds on the truck. I am happy with 65-70 mph. I could go slower but I want to get there.LOL

what do the other convoy goers think?

by the way we plan to meet at loves around 6:00 or 7:00 am.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your setup? The Ideal setup is a 18 foot cable with a antenna that you can adjust. The Biggest thing is to make sure it is grounded properly, with out ground you can hear people but can't talk more than about 100 ft. Really need an SWR meter to check your antenna to make so it is set right also. (Truck stop has SWR for about 15 bucks) once everything is setup right if people still can't hear you then your Mic is bad. Antenna needs to be mounted at the highest point on your truck.

I just bought a bunch of new CB stuff. including the SWR meter and tunable antennas. I am going to double check the grounds also and hope for the best.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a bunch of new CB stuff. including the SWR meter and tunable antennas. I am going to double check the grounds also and hope for the best.
The ground is the most important thing then getting the antenna tuned to as close to a 1:1 ratio as you can. I do CB stuff as a side job so if you have any questions you can PM me your number and I will give you a call and talk you through it

Last edited: