2017 Oilburners Rally

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
And my engine still isn't together:( Yep, my anxiety is setting in, lol! Especially since I wanted to start this project way back in the fall!
You and me both, my transmission swap is getting stalled from a finished basement flooding. Ggggrrr

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we have a rough break down of kids and ages (actual ages not functional ages for you big kids)? Wife was asking. I said there seems to be little ones running around but I didn't know specifics on ages and such.

How was the scouting trip Heath?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alex, Jared...... hang in there. Murphy sucks and has bitten me more than once pre-rally.

Mike, it went great. Loved the campground.

Positives: Small campground but good size campsites. The furthest site is not far at all from anywhere in the campground. Bathhouse is close to the cabins. Easy to keep track of the kids. I could see both my little ones on the playground from my camper. Lots of shade trees so most (not all) sites have shade. Pool is nice. Laundry is open 24/7, they have firewood and propane on site, and a good little store at the office. The cable works better than any campground I've been at and you get a lot of channels (if you're plan on watching TV at all). Good size catch and release lake to fish with the kids. Late check out time was nice too (1pm). Made for a relaxing pace packing up before heading home. It's not far from groceries, fuel, parts, and the like. It's just a couple of miles off of I-65.

Negatives: The pavilion is in dire need of renovation, but we won't be using it anyway. The bathrooms at the pool/pavilion aren't the cleanest. The playground has some older stuff, but nothing dangerous. LOL

Weather this weekend killed our trip to Kart Kountry, but we did get to Loretto, KY, home of Makers Mark. The huge rack houses as you come into town let you know you're in bourbon country.

The food at the Whistle stop was great. But, it's so popular, we waited 2 hours to get in and parking was less than ideal. Made it pretty clear that the best option would be to get there as a group when they open at 11 rather than try the buffet option. The menu is diverse and would be best if we dined from the menu than pick a few options for a buffet.

I have all the site assignments, but I left them at home this am. Will try and post them up later tonight or tomorrow.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and the F450...... well, let me say it was not impressed with the camper. I could hear it screaming.... give me a real load, this is kids stuff.

It was impressive. Set the cruise at 70 and just sit in the seat and enjoy the ride. MPG wasn't impressive. 9 MPG on the way there. 10 MPG on the way home.

Heath

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as kids... it's tough for me to remember all of them...LOL I have two. Daughter is 10 son is 2. Jared has a litter of different ages. Ron... Synd is what 10-11 and Nic is 14-15? Andy has couple of young'ins. John does too.

That's as good as my 41 year old brain can remember. I'll quit now, before I embarrass myself any further.

Heath

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to sound like a chick but, were the showers decent? How did the cabins look?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here are the sites:

Cabins: Elijah - Cabin 1
Rob - Cabin 3
Alex/Chris - Cabin 2

Campsites:
Me - 22
Jared - 23
Darrin - 34
Ron - 32
Mel - 33
Denton - 20
Bowers - 21
Andy - 31
Chris Barber - 41
John - 4

Tents:
Clemson - T10
Bertrand - T11
Travis - T12

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elijah - the bathhouse next to the office is clean and nice. Just the bathrooms near the pool are less than ideal. Didn't get to get into the cabins as they were all full all weekend. LOL Not a bad sign.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK I need a headcount for folks going to the Maker's Mark Distillery on Monday. The largest group they can have on one tour is 46. So, if more than 46 are planning on going, they will split us into two groups.

So, if you are planning on doing the distillery, please post it here and how many are going with you.

Thanks.

Heath

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well I will be down one person for my group. Travis got a job at electric boat and they just gave him the start date. figures its July 12th. so it will just me and my friend tom for the week. we plan to do as many things as possible.