1988 regular cab restoration

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
White, it's the new blue! LOL
Thanks to Darrin and his you'll never sell it trucks, I was referred to restore this 88 F350 4x4 with 80k on the clock.
Yes the body looks good but the underside has seen many Pennsylvania winters.
So the donor cab, an 87, has never seen the roads as the underside is as new as the day it rolled off the assembly line will get POR treated and put in service on the 88.
The truck will get a fresh coat of Oxford white and yes it's not blue. :D
It also needs GP's, clutch, accessory belts, front end work, timing set and a good cleaning of the frame and a fresh coat of black topped off with a set of fresh decals on the doors.
So for the non believers, this will my next victim for the summer as I reclaim it from the ****** of the cancerous rust belt.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
White is the new blue... Now thats plenty funny right there Ron.... Good find too.:sly

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will you be updating him to the newer front clip, or will those fenders and that hood be surplus?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
The donor front clip goes on too. Fenders have been redone before and are showing signs of rot on the usual spots coming thru from the back.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Shoot white.... lol.... this ill believe when I see it.... I bet the whole time you will be twiching while the white is flying... lol

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Wow Ron, That truck does look better than he described.

This Customer bought This truck from me:

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...nt-Cheap-but-it-is-Darn-Nice!&highlight=cheap

When he came up to pick it up, we got to talking and his plan was to retire the 88 that his dad bought back in 91. The put the aluminum dump box on the 96, and have a basically new truck. But what he rally wanted was to have the 88 restored, so I called Ron, and he said he would do it for them, a lot cheaper than the shops where he lived.

So now Ron has a nice project, and our customer will have another beautiful work truck that will last him another 20 years.

Keep us posted on the progress Ron!

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet Thanks Ron&Darrin for putting another good IDI work truck on the road nothing better than a nice sharp 20 year old work truck. Personally I think that a 20 year old work truck makes a statement that your bis is important and that you do good work and it will last just like there old truck. When I see a brand new truck pulling up for work im like great what are they gonna try and rap me for now. Again thats IMHO

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
No non-believing here, Ron.........except for the painting white part.LOL That truck looks like a bad-a$$ working unit, I like it. Is the bed a stainless dump? Charge the phone and roll the pics;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Darrin.
I talked to Justin this evening on a few other things we are working on and it is more than a badass work truck. It's got all that and some sentimental value to boot!
It gonna be a sweet rig when I get it done and will literally be new inside and out!
As for the utility box, it's one heavily constructed aluminum dump box.
The company that installed the unit did it right. The framing has even been beefed up to 450 status to facilitate the larger payloads. It's built like a brick $hit house!

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
POR doesnt work or stick unless you are using it over rusty metal. Dont waste your time or money. Use epoxy instead.

JMTCW!

PR

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I believe that people are starting to see that these old war horses are worth putting money into. The cost of newer trucks is hefty. I remember Calvin saying that customers were dumping new engines, trans and front ends into the GMC Safari mini vans because there isn't anything suitable to replace them with. The mere cost of a new truck makes it unsuitable for me.:eek: How about a running tab Ron? There is a wealth of knowledge to gain from a project like this. This will be a good thread to watch.:sly:popcorn:popcorn

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Theres alot of truth to that Goose. With the cost of vehicles today and the way the economy, I think yo'ure going to continue to see older vehicles get revamped till uncle Sam says different.
Ill be keeping a tab on this one and am guesstimating right now will be under 4k with all that will be done including parts and labor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online