$1.40 per litre for Diesel....WMO.

SHIP4BRAINS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet. thats it? those things actually work? how many gallons can you filter with one of those things?

One vendor I purchased from admitted these are only 87% efficient in a single pass. I double or tripple stack mine....and pass "x" amount of oil through them several times.

I have three tanks...#1 is 150 gal and I flow the oil through a 100 and 10 micron stacked.

Between tank 1 and 2 I have a 5micron filter head...then it passes through double stacked 1micron filters. Then I pump that into a third "clean" barrel with double stacked 1 micron filters.

IMO, use the bags till they flow slow. My pump will pump faster than the oil can pass through these bags, so it is somewhat of a pain in the a$$... So, cut two holes in the tops of the barrels, install two sets of bags...and split the flow using a T fitting...and pump through two ( or more ) sets of bags.

90CampRam

So gentleman, I am paying about 119.9 a litre and looking at a cheap way to fill the tank. I have a few friends making bio-diesel out of vegatable oil.. but i like the idea of burning used motor oil too. thats just free especially with lots of shops around where Icould get used oil. Will this harm the engine/injectors/ pump/ etc?? the truck smokes enough as it is...will this increase the amount of smoke? Dont get me wrong i dont mind the fact it smokes but would like to know if there are people behind me. does anyone have any pictures or any detailed designs (blueprints) to their current set up for filtering the used motor oil?

thanks guys

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
well with WMO i cant garantee there wont be any problems it is used at your own risk. that being said i have been running it the past 30k miles or so with no issues up to a 50/50 mix. the only problem i have seen one guy have is he clogged his fuel system with oil but he dumped it from an unknown source without filtering it. it HAS to be filtered and i use stuff from friends i know dousent have brak cleaner or some other nasties in it.

i have done no modifications to the truck at all just a dump and go. there are some that think heating would be good but i havent bothered and never had a problem. it does smoke some more and smell like you have some rings going bad but nothing extreem. i have put a simple set up together here
http://oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22297 with a pic on the second page. nothing fancy

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
See my setup on a previous page in this thread. My system works good, Filter's my WMO from 10 micron to 2 micron through Donoldson and CAT filters using air pressure. Faster, less messy than a gravity feed system and more compact but I can't process more than 9 gallons at once. Using 20L gas cans to store my cleaned waste oil the 9 gallon air tank works for me. I've been running about a 30% mix in my rear tank for the last 2 days, didn't notice any difference in smoke or smell. My truck has hardly smoked at all since I've had it even on a -20C start up so I would see a difference if the WMO was causing it to smoke.;Sweet I've been starting and shutting it off on straight diesel in the front tank.

90CampRam

I am thinking this is what I am going to do this summer no ca$h for the initial set up.. I'll have no problem getting the oil either. I am driving the first gen cummins, and it smokes pretty heavy on initial fire up and once i put the hammer down.. other than that it burns pretty clean. I just need to find a way to fill the tank without giving the cashier my left leg in the process!!

fyi ..I am getting around 860 km per tank.. no load will that change using the WMO?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
That's a typical ISB - smokes like a freight train when cold...LOL....I see them at work everyday and some really fill the shop with smoke when we fire them up to move them around or work on them.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Is anyone burning a heavy mix of WMO 15w-40? I can get an endless supply at work but I'm wondering how heavy I can mix it without a blue smoke cloud following me...LOL...Filters are cheap so I could burn a lot of this stuff in the summer time.

watercat

Reaction score
This guy has to much time! LOL

That guy has too much time on his hands...LOL....I'd rather just filter it, mix it with some diesel and drive it...I don't need all the headaches of WVO in my cold winter climate.

You guys are waisting your time on all this filtering. If you read my blog you would have seen that you could run straight wmo in the winter and no messing around with this funky fuel filter cleaning system.

An easier set up for your truck is is to just switch the fuel filter to a engine oil filter. When you pick up your used oil you'll find that it has come out of a truck or car that was filtering it the entire time it was in the vehicle. then drained at the oil change into a storage tank. its not like WVO just suck it out with your pump and install a engine oil filter on this pump if your totally ****? I have never had a plugged fuel filter and am still running the first filters i installed on my system (HUH)? To much time on my hands has got me a simple system that can refill my onboard storage tank of 275 gallons in about 20 minutes when its snowing outside and a range of over 3 thousand miles between fill ups. plus one stock tank is still all diesel just incase.

You guys looking for a good collection pump for your fords should lok at this pump i just built. its even blows me away on its volume and its freezing and snowing. I stopped at the local quick lube after work today and got a quik refill of 250 gallons or so in just minutes. i think at fast idle i must be aproaching 20 plus gpm and i can pump it off into storage tanks or other vehicles just as fast with all the connections on cam lock fittings.

my newest thing is i am installing a steering pump from a honda for a fuel pump since the fords dont have fuel pumps to get the job done when the temps are below about 60F. if this works out i'm installing another one for transfering oil from stoarge to the main tank while driving.

If your truck is a turbo it even works better! if you have a EGT gauge and a adjustable boost control you can start to pull some of that extra power BTU's in the fuel oil.

Attachments

• already resized5.JPG
    already resized5.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faust

Members online