$1.40 per litre for Diesel....WMO.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
That's what I'm faced with in the morning according to the news:eek: :puke: .....Crooked ********.-cuss ....My truck is due for a fillup too. Now I'm putting my WMO setup plans into full speed ahead. I have a dual filter head here - the F-inlaw is taking it to work with him in the morning at CAT to fit it for 2 micron fuel filters. I'll buy an air tank at work to use as a pressure tank to put the oil through the filters. I'm going to fill some jerry cans with clean oil for my bi-weekly fillup. My buddy with the transmission shop is going to save me some clean tranny fluid if I provide the buckets. What kind of ratio are you mixing with the ATF??? I won't be burning diesel oil - too much soot but ATF and gas engine waste oil is a go.;Sweet I bet I'll get some wierd looks at the gas stations.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I know a guy who runs a bunch of things, WVO, WMO, ATF...ect. Anyways he said to me when we were talking that ATF burns really hot, and that it probably wouldnt be wise to mix it more than a 50/50mix with diesel. He said he goes as much as 70/30 WMO/diesel as well.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I was figuring on 50/50 or slightly less.....Maybe a 30L jug into each tank before a fillup.....That would put me around 45/55.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
damn thats like $5 a gallon right????:eek: i just paid 3.65 a gallon and spent 150 filling the truck up :eek: :eek: :puke: :puke: i think ill be in the market for a good bicycle lolLOL

FordGuy100

Reaction score
so hows the WMO setup work? since its mixed does it only need to get filtered?

Basically, thats how I understand it. Just filter the oil to like 2 microns, and mix it with diesel and you should be good to go. It works better in the warmer months because it will be a little thinner (cold oil is pretty thick).

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here in San Diego, its always nice and warm. So it shouldn't be an issue. So where would you guys recommend getting the used oil.

Mr_B

Reaction score
I had asked the question about a week ago in regards to burning used motor oil... Well, I got my set up complete!!! It's a 60 gallon tank with clear piece of pek tubing on the front with a hook up for the air compressor (no gravity feed for me...) and a 5 micron water filter. Just went to the pump a few hours ago. Filled one tank for $16 :D I have a guy I know who runs a tire and lube joint here in town and he is letting me take the oil "off" his hands :rotflmao If they only knew. I'll have to get some pictures tomorrow or something and let you guys see my "professional" pressurized filtration system.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make friends with a place that does a lot of changes on little ricers minivans, mostly gas cars, better yet a home mechanic/sidework shop that really needs to get rid of that oil as its a liability for them. Wouldn't be a bad idea to figure out a way to heat the tanks and maybe get a dedicated tank. That would give you the flexibilty to brun veggie oil or WMO in there. Both could benefit from being heated.

7.3shrk

So do I have this right - I just get used motor oil, filter it to 3 microns or less and I can run it at about a 50/50 mix? Where would I get a filter like that? Also is gear oil too thick?

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, gear oil would be way too thick - probably couldn't even filter it down to 3 microns without heating it up a couple of hundred degrees first.

If I had access to a reasonable source of it, I'd be looking a lot harder at this for myself. The only problem I've really heard of using it in an IDI is that if you DON'T filter it well enough, the tiny bits of metal in it (say 10-20 micron size) will wear out the injector spray nozzles a lot faster.

I'm thinking of grabbing a 55 gallon plastic drum and just start collecting my own motor oil. Heck I already have around 5-10 gallons in various jugs sitting around. If I could cheaply filter it well enough, I think I'd give burning some a try. I mean, I've already paid for it once...

7.3shrk

What can it hurt - my injectors could use updating anyway, and a new set is almost cheaper than filling up!

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
ha next ting you know people will be stealing oil out of your truck when your in walmart to burn in their diesel. come out to a empty oilpan.. that would be the sh^ts

Ray

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance