“The 6.9” project thread

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I filter it while I drive. I have a custom filter set up down to 2 microns that fuel pumps through then a water filter.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never thought I’d be making this post and it’s 100% out of my own stupidity. I completely wrecked my truck. I was going down Dirt road and hit a huge washout portion. We flew through the air and almost rolled. So far I can see that the front axle is completely totaled, the front of the frame is bent up. The cab is kinda messed up but I’m not sure how bad. The trans broke at the crossmember, and i don’t know if the frame is bent at the bed or just flexed. Im very sorry to all of you who have followed along my progress since I was 15. I’ve had this truck for 4 years and I’ve completely ruined it. My back is killing me. But im safe. If I was in any other car I would’ve died.

Attachments

• 50AAEDF6-30E0-4A9F-8F73-AEB9D40E7116.jpeg
    50AAEDF6-30E0-4A9F-8F73-AEB9D40E7116.jpeg
    458.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 7E8D3BBE-4B62-4480-91BD-7050C06EDBD5.jpeg
    7E8D3BBE-4B62-4480-91BD-7050C06EDBD5.jpeg
    493.2 KB · Views: 33
  • AFEA7A10-C91A-4922-84D4-E84BCC3BD9BE.jpeg
    AFEA7A10-C91A-4922-84D4-E84BCC3BD9BE.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 31

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I am glad you made it out mostly physically OK! Your health is the most important thing. Sounds like a close call, really sorry to hear about that.

Will the truck live on? Sounds like maybe to soon to call?

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
I never thought I’d be making this post and it’s 100% out of my own stupidity. I completely wrecked my truck. I was going down Dirt road and hit a huge washout portion. We flew through the air and almost rolled. So far I can see that the front axle is completely totaled, the front of the frame is bent up. The cab is kinda messed up but I’m not sure how bad. The trans broke at the crossmember, and i don’t know if the frame is bent at the bed or just flexed. Im very sorry to all of you who have followed along my progress since I was 15. I’ve had this truck for 4 years and I’ve completely ruined it. My back is killing me. But im safe. If I was in any other car I would’ve died.
Yes most importantly you walked away. Although a little stiff.

Looks like the beetle is getting an IDI!

You can always find a nice gasser and swap the engine and tranny.

Sorry to hear that.

On the upside more of those good drugs like the dentist gave you!

Plus none of this non-sense at the pump for a while!

Attachments

• 20220303_190229.jpg
    20220303_190229.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys. The truck has to live on. It needs a frame, needs a cab, and then front end stuff. The engine could be alright but I have that turbo 7.3 in case this one is bad. The transmission broke right at the crossmember and that’s really annoying. If I can find another truck and just swap all my guts over to it then that’s what I’ll do.
Wow I am glad you made it out mostly physically OK! Your health is the most important thing. Sounds like a close call, really sorry to hear about that.

Will the truck live on? Sounds like maybe to soon to call?

Yes most importantly you walked away. Athough stiff.

Looks like the beetle is getting a IDI!

You can always find a nice gasser and swap the engine and tranny.

Sorry to hear that.

On the upside more of those goid drugs like the dentist gave you!

Plus none of this non-sense for a while!

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear the truck will live on, I always say a good truck never dies even if it's just got some part of it hybridefied into another truck it's soul lives on

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you guys are OK! Wow looks like it was a wild ride...how fast were you going? Must have gotten some good air.
:peelout

If you plan on parting out I call first dibs on the IP/turbo/studs. LOL
But I wouldn't recommend or expect you to sell them! I'd be finding a next rig to transplant them into myself.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you guys are OK! Wow looks like it was a wild ride...how fast were you going? Must have gotten some good air.
:peelout

If you plan on parting out I call first dibs on the IP/turbo/studs. LOL
But I wouldn't recommend or expect you to sell them! I'd be finding a next rig to transplant them into myself.
Yeah I mean if I was in a buggy or something I feel like launching at 55 would be way more fun LOL. **** happens. I kinda gotta own it that it’s my fault. I already have plans on what I’m gonna do. Gonna find a truck, basically need a frame with axles and a cab and I can do the rest. Then I’ll swap all my 86 stuff on it.

Last time I put the front clip on I forgot to bolt down the core support mounts so it literally just bent up and saved everything on the front.

I don’t care about everybody’s beliefs on here you know like we all believe our stuff, that’s what’s great about America, but my God was there today haha. I gotta go to church tomorrow.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s up guys. So I have a pretty good idea of what I need to replace. It’s a lot, you might think I’m crazy. Maybe not. It very obviously needs a frame and front axle.
-cab is super beat on the floor and firewall so I may just replace it as I’m gonna have everything off anyways
-I will figure all the vin stuff out I’m not worried about that, it will be taken care of lol
-the bed is alright. Because of the frame being tweaked the bed is flexing in those photos.
-a solid portion of the front clip is still good
-I’m gonna need the rear housing for the trans
-the engine should be fine
-the t case is good
-the interior is fine, so I’ll be using all of it

All in all it’s a big job, but it’s just nuts and bolts. I don’t expect it to be an overnight thing, but I know for a fact I can be really thrifty and not make it break the bank especially if I just buy a parts truck.

This is deeply personal and I know I can fix it and make it better than it ever was before. The 6.9 will live on, I promise you guys that.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear your going to rebuild it! Good time to save up and do a complete rebuild and paint, rubber replaced, suspension, and such.

Never-Ether
That’s my plan. All the bushings were toast anyways so this is just like a solid amount more than I wanted to do but still in the same realm of difficulty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online