ZF5 advice ?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the valeo clutch should help the noise some. The takeoff noise will always be there if lugging

pt_Ranger_v8

Reaction score
Why do you have to use a SD x-fer case with a ZF-6? Is the output different than the standard 6-bolt pattern?

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bolt pattern is the same, just the shaft size and spline count is different.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If You get rid of the zf in favor of a nv4500 I want first dibs on the engine adapter :sly.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If instead of that valeo clutch you call Ft Wayne clutch and get a 12 1/4" solid flywheel and one of their kevlar clutch kits to go with it, you will get about 9 springs in the hub of the clutch and a very smoothly engaging clutch facing. THen fill your box with synthetic 50wt atf and you will barely notice the thing is there

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
If You get rid of the zf in favor of a nv4500 I want first dibs on the engine adapter :sly.

haha i think i am going to keep the zf in here. but if i ever do you will be the first to know.

If instead of that valeo clutch you call Ft Wayne clutch and get a 12 1/4" solid flywheel and one of their kevlar clutch kits to go with it, you will get about 9 springs in the hub of the clutch and a very smoothly engaging clutch facing. THen fill your box with synthetic 50wt atf and you will barely notice the thing is there

Well i already have my Valair clutch sitting in my room. I purchased this one right here. Im hoping it will last me. Its got 8 springs in it so we will see what happens. I was told they were good clutches.

12.25" x 1.25" Stock Organic Replacement
Premium Brass Woven Organic Facings
HD Spring Hub
Rated @ 400HP /850 ft lbs Torque
3800# Pressure Plate
Kit includes: Pressure Plate, Clutch Disc, Release Bearing, Pilot Bearing and Alignment Tool.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US