Whats it worth?

nebraskafarmer

Reaction score
I have a chance to purchase a 88 f-250 4x4 extended, manual trans, banks turbo, 7.3 installed. Small amount of rust, normal condition for its age. Only paperwork on this truck is the turbo was purchased 10 years ago. No paperwork on the engine. Runs fine, no smoke, never got a chance to check the sca. Current owner bought it not quite a year ago. Not alot of history. What do you think. :dunno

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Where are you at man? Welcome to the site!
Well around here, Nebraska, these trucks are worth their weight in gold. I'd say depending on the miles, if you can get it for less than $2500-$3000 you're doing quite well.

nebraskafarmer

Reaction score
3000 is what the price is on it. I wanted it for just the engine and turbo. But don't know if it is worth that for something that has no history.

nebraskafarmer

Reaction score
I wanted to part it out. Is the manual trans worth anything? How about the clutch etc. These trucks are easy to work on that is for sure compared to the new stuff and is alot cheaper to fix, that is why it caught my eye. My 93 is getting tired and is do for a transplant, plus it doesn't have a turbo. My truck is perfect body wise and has a new e40d.

nebraskafarmer

Reaction score
Also does my 93 serp belt system off my truck bolt onto that block. I figured they are the same "the blocks that is" but I didn't know. It has a v-belt system on it since it is a 88.

nebraskafarmer

Reaction score

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
yea man, I didnt know it had a new engine thats less than 10 years old. $3000 would have been low, more like $3500-$4000 here.

nebraskafarmer

Reaction score
Well he says the engine was replaced 10 years ago but he has no paper work on the engine, just the banks turbo system was installed at that time. The engine is painted blue so it has been apart at one time. With the sca unknown and the engine I didn't think it was worth my time to pull that engine and install in mine and gamble.