Whats Broke On Your Truck

FordGuy100

Reaction score
This can be kinda fun. Might even help some people out by being able to list all their problems LOL

Broke:
Factory Dash, split where the speaker would be
Reverse lights
Side Marker Lights
Drivers side mirror (one bolt literally wont come out)
AC!
Glow plug relay (now on a switch)
Key wont engage starter (starter on switch) : I'm going to go back to factory one day for both of these!
A bunch of oil leaks
No fan shroud as of right now
Brake Master Cylinder

So whats up with yours?

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This can be kinda fun. Might even help some people out by being able to list all their problems LOL

Broke:
Factory Dash, split where the speaker would be
Reverse lights
Side Marker Lights
Drivers side mirror (one bolt literally wont come out)
AC!
Glow plug relay (now on a switch)
Key wont engage starter (starter on switch) : I'm going to go back to factory one day for both of these!
A bunch of oil leaks
No fan shroud as of right now

So whats up with yours?

I'll go the other way...

Good rad and water pump
Runs ok
Has good tyres...
Did I mention rad is good?

LOL

Need to do lots of small little *****..
.shocks, sway bar end links (make quick disconnects)
fix rear fuel tank
transfer cab

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the weather has gotten cold....

Big oil leak from the back of the intake. This will probably force me to remove the intake. Looks like I'll have to remove the injectors and pump. I put new injectors and pump in it 4 months ago :mad: I'll most likely swap it out with a R&D intake or I'll modify to fit my turbo piping.

Another big oil leak from somewhere in the right front of the engine last week. Too cold to mess with it.

If both leaks are require a bunch of time and effort, I may as well pull the engine and reseal everything and install head studs. Then add a Cummins turbo and finally finish up my intercooler install.

Replaced 2 bad glow plugs. Common sense says to replace the other 6 "just cause" since they are cheap.

Still need to replace my steering box with this U-Haul unit I have on my IDI shelf.

Still have a new carrier bearing and u-joints on the IDI shelf.

I need to redo my WMO set up again. Going to move all my oils with air pressure.

Need to get my ****** tank, dual filters and electric pump installed in the bed. Will try to make a larger diameter injector pump line and supply lines to better feed cold WMO. I need a plate heater before the fuel filters which means I'm going to run coolant lines to the bed. Considering electric fuel filter heaters for my cold starts. Will probably make them 12v with a converter to operate when the truck is plugged in.

iverger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broke:
Tach Sensor

Worn Out:
Front leafs
Lazy Steering

Everything else is functioning and rust free. Pretty happy about that.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Winshield broken when I tried to wash the rig on a very hot day.. As the water hit the truck I heard a crack sound. Saw this tiny line from the top to the bottom of the passenger side windshield.. No.. It couldn't be.. But it was.... Nothing like that has ever happened to me before. I do recall reading a post in the car wash that tells us they are not responsible for broken glass when washing. Found out later on most windshields have rock chips. When the surface is hot and you cool it fast with water it sometimes cacks.. Well I know now it can happen to me... Sadly its on the wifeys side so it does not bother me driving.. Yet... But I know the complaints are justtaround the corner too...

Reaction score
Oooh, fun topic!

'Broke' is a bit harsh. I prefer 'nor working quite right'. On my truck, that includes:

- The Banks EGT gauge. Didn't work when I got it, replaced the thermocouple, worked fine for a few months, then stopped working again. This time I think it's the gauge itself, so I've got a nice new Autometer digital gauge on order

- One of the belts squeals like mad when cold and has done so ever since I changed them out. I keep trying to remember to figure out which one (pretty sure it's the AC), but it's damn dark/cold/early to mess with it when I fire her up in the morning

- The 'REAR ANTILOCK' light has been on ever since I flushed the brake fluid (noticing a theme?)

- The PS pump looks wet, but the level is spot on. Just waiting to run across a Saginaw pump to throw in and be done with it

- The truck bucks a bit when reversing, leading me to believe I have a clutch on its way out. But I'm not messing with that one until something actually dies.

Other than that, she's a good ol' truck and (knock on wood) doesn't drip a thing. Every knob and switch does its job exactly like it's supposed to.

Mike

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cracked injector line, decent oil leak ( rear main seal) i think, pwr steering box leaks a little, need new ujoints in the front driveshaft, need to fix the pickup in both fuel tanks, wipers come on and work fine but don't shut off till they want to, need to replace the rear pass door pwr lock,need to replace the starter... i gotta stop now cause i am getting depressed seeing $$$$$$$$$$ fly away...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuel leak at return manifold (real PITA to mess with)
Coolant leak at rad to hose manifold.
Crappy fuel pressure..... think I've got trash of somesort in the FSV.
Rear brake cylinders leaking.
Rear axle seal leaking on drivers side.
Dimmer switch plug is ***** and my headlights work when and if they want to.......... real fun driving at night.
Stripped speedo drive gear in T-case. No speedo and thus..... odometer for years now.LOL

And, that's just the F250....... not even going into the need for a complete wiring harness for the F350!:mad:

Geez............. I'm getting depressed............ just gonna stop listing stuff now.

Heath

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
Valve cover gasket leak... still....

5 of my 8 glowplugs are bad... including #8 which is snapped off flush with the head.

Door switches for the dome light work about one in ten times.

No backup lights

Gage cluster ground (I hope) isn't working.

Blower motor is slowly dieing.

Ignition switch doesn't run the starter. (PO had it running off a push button)

Stock oil sender & alot of the wiring back there got eaten in the fire.

Shocks are toast, so are ALL the front end bushings and tie rods.

Latch is wonky on my tool box.

wow, the list of things I've fixed is actually longer than what's broke now!

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my brake line broke new years eve, i almost needed a new pair of underwear. then upon fixing that, i discovered my 2 month old caliper had siesed

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where to start with my rig....
- No ebrake, for some reason the po decided to pull the cable out?
- 3rd gear grind (synchros I believe) and it likes to pop out of reverse sometimes
- needs a hydro boost brake setup...im not a fan of the "little to no resistance" feeling i get from the pedal sometimes
- just noticed today one of my front leaf springs sits higher than the other one (hopefully its just my eyes though).....any idea on how bad this is for the truck?
- headlights are pretty dim...need to do that relay mod
- po cut the exhaust where it joins into one....im contemplating a single stack or just a straight pipe that comes out before the rear tire
- its n/a :p
- tailgate is held on with a tie strap....b/c one side of the hinge is completely rusted off
- Could use a new windshield and new weather stripping for the cab

The good
- 8 new bbs and a baby moose waiting for the weather to warm up to be installed
- recently resealed oil cooler
- 8 new berus last winter
- new idler pulley

Im probably forgetting some stuff even with that big list i still LOVE my ford diesel

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's see

Front drive shaft blown in half
Cab mounts all broke and sticking through floor
Cab bent.
Core support broke
Fender dented from cab twisting and hitting tire
Windshield
Exhaust
Cruise
Front pinion sloppy
Universals shot in the front
Glow plug controller quite. Starts easy without them though
Friend borrowed the altenator controller

Other than that it runs great just looks bad

Low miles baby moose
New injectors
Had a Turbo but needs seals so it came off

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the grey truck, aka the "Nostromo".....
well...the interior looks like the death star V.2. most of the plastic is missing but the critical stuff is there.
the white truck aka the "Sulaco".......
the electrical system is rigged but functional. oil cooler blown internally but functional, and the body is beat to hell but functional.

neither truck is unsafe for heavy haul cross country.

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
Thats kinda like saying whats right with your rig, but heres what is wrong with my rig as of today,

The registration expired on the 31st of Dec
I need the right inner tie rod end
The horn doesnt work
The cruise doesnt work
The fuel tank sender is bad
The only dash guages that work are the speedo and coolant temp
I cant use the front tank because it takes forever to fill not to mention i removed the transfer valve because I was having fuel issues when I first bought the truck
I have the ignition on a push button
I have the glow plugs on a push button
The front tank is missing a fuel tank strap which I just need to put im just a big time procrastanator
The exhaust needs work
The park brake pedal in the cab needs work
The CB doesnt work which means I need to remove the overhead console to replace
The factory radio is junk only gets to good stations
'
But the good point is it starts and runs great not sure how it well it will do pulling my 5er but Im sure it will do fine.