What Rear End?

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can I tell what rear end my '91 has? See sig for details.

Trying to figure out what disc brake would be correct for my particular application.

Thank you,
Mike

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
My guess would be that you have the Sterling 10.25 with the 4.10 limited slip as this was the most common on this era truck with a dually. if you were to pull the rear axle out is there a gasket or an oring that does the sealing? Reason I ask this is because the Dana has a gasket and the Sterling has an o-ring. If I remember correctly from my factory service manual that the only way you could get a Dana Dually axle was to have the superduty verison of the truck if it was a standard duty then you hav the sterling but don't quote me on that - I'm pulling that from memory....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't have to pull the axle to see the gasket if you know what your looking at. I'm with Travis. Your going to have a Ford 10.25 with a 4.10. Don't bet on the limited slip though.

clorine12

alschroc
Reaction score
to find the gears you can also put a mark on your drive shaft and the ration that drive shaft turns compared to you wheel. For a 4.10 it would be 4 times plus a little

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Easy way to tell if you have limited slip....

Jack up rear of truck and put in neutral - spin one of the wheels by hand if both sides rotate the same way - Limited Slip or locker - if the other side spins the other way then you got a peg leg kicker (standard or open diff)....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online