Rear window dividers

SkipBurney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever removed the rear cab side window dividers my truck is an 89 F-250. I hate those things and they make it hard to see out of. I dont even know if they can be removed but I am gonna paint the truck this winter and I would really like to get rid of them

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 3 or 4 of the windows I pulled from trucks at PNP, to have just incase one get`s broken.
I don`t remember if the the divider piece is pot metal or plastic, but the center piece is all part of the piece that goes around the window.
To remove the window and that piece, you need to remove the in cab plastic panels, and then there are around 8 - 10 nuts to remove, and push the window out. There is black goopy sealant, so be careful.

There is/was a guy I think on this Forum that swapped in windows (I think) from a 94. But some body work will need to be done, as the windows are not the same size as I remember.

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found Lazorjock`s long thread, and he mentions putting in the newer window`s. Looks like they go right in.
I`ll copy and past the info...

While I was waiting for the primer to dry, I got down one of the OBS quarter windows. There's not a lot of documentation on swapping them and I'll do a full write up once I'm done but here is a preview. The OBS window looks like this.

You must be registered for see images attach

The big difference is that the old style glass is sandwiched between the outer metal frame and the cab. The OBS window is a single piece unit. You can see it has studs sticking out the back.

And here's what it looks like installed.

Yep it drops right in the hole.

The studs sit just inside the opening. The washer nuts grab the inner lip of the cab metal and will tighten down pretty good. The reality is that you probably wouldn't have to make any modification at all. Just apply sealant and snug the nuts up. I'm sure the sealant is doing most of the work holding it in. I'll probably weld a few tabs in to make me feel better. Like I said, I'll do a tech with lots of pics once I finish it off.

If I come across any additional info, I copy it.
It`s a long build/project thread, 200 pages, only up to 38.

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, finally got to where he installed the quarter windows.
Wow this is a long build thread, but really interesting to read.
Been going through a few pages ea night.
It is really a simple install with these later style Quarter windows.

In the mean time on to the side glasses.

I'm putting the newer quarter windows in. They do fit but the mounts are slightly different. I picked these up a while ago.

973297C2-212F-4392-80AB-497F6DB712D7_zpsqn1qill9.jpg

Turns out, they work pretty good.

8D03BC09-8272-47FF-B72A-D39FC7D5E96A_zpsqa8qaqsw.jpg

I used the 3m ribbon seal. I think I'm going to end up redoing the pass window. I don't think I got the sealant quite in the right spot. The drivers side I think is okay.

8E3CCA3F-9A5A-4CD7-A855-29CF387F5095_zpskiz7jovr.jpg

They look so much better than the old style.

I also picked up a set of black side mirrors. They will match the black step bars and eventual black stripe along the bottom.

0DAC5105-7A82-4D0D-B345-39A158F14F3B_zps62mneg2g.jpg

A5C954D3-EFEE-423E-A1DE-CD6A7899F92C_zpsveqcq7du.jpg

504E2526-622A-478D-A037-151F43B233BE_zpszelqkjiy.jpg

There you have it.
SkipBurney, looks pretty simple, not hard at all.

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one question I do have, when installing the inside plastic panels, there is still the inside divider.
I wonder if the panel from what ever the year they first went to this new window, will it fit into our older trucks? So we get rid of the inside divider.

I see in LazerJock`s thread a few post`s down he installed the rear seat, and the panel has the divider.