Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Delvac (15w-40)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other (please elaborate below)

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I've used Rotella ever since I started driving 18 wheelers. (15 years ago) and have used it in every diesel pick up truck I've ever had. For a while, I even hauled Rotella for Page trucking, who had the bulk delivery contract with Shell oil, in South roxanna, IL.
I used to talk to the lab rats, when I took my samples in, and they said that rotella was designed specifically for diesel engines, and the soot they produce.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rotella 15w-40

8 years and one million miles on my big trucks with 10,000 mile oil change intervals and never an oil related breakdown or failure. If I change to synthetic it will be to Royal Purple.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been happiest with the Rotella. I have used the SAE30 rotella, but its eems a lot easier to start cold with the 15/40 plus its available everywhere. I have used Pennzoil 15/40 but I wasn't as happy with its performance. More blowby and oil consumption, especially toward time for an oil change.

rubberfish

Reaction score
I voted Rotella because that's what's in there right now.
The truck smells different when I run Rotella.
Don't know if that's a good thing or not, but
either way, it's damn good oil.

olivera149

Reaction score
i run delo, what most the commercial fishing fleet uses in medium-heavy duty diesel engines up here in alaska. My skipper in my greenhorn year swore by it and his father was a SeaBee in the navy way back in WWII era and also learned heavy equipment mechanics and that is what he uses in his trucks, tractors, equipment. I've tried both rotella and delo and notice absolutely no difference in sound, consumption, or mileage, if delo is out, then i use shell, but i prefer delo, especially seeing a CAT3208 log 22,000 hours of punishment without a rebuild on a fishing vessel.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Motorcraft 15W-40. Powerstroke oil! LOL I'm sure the oil has changed some in the 23 years I've been using it. It's now a "synthetic blend" whatever that is.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Rotella since my first diesel {boat anchor 6.2 :puke: GM} in '83

Tried some Delo and Texaco Ursa in the IDI and she did NOT like it...went back to Rotella and all was lovey - dovey :D

6 gal case at Sams $45 ;Sweet

Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Rotella and Pennzoil, not at the same time of course, and Big Red's always done fine. I get my oil by the short (30gal) drum from my sister's chemical company. Sometimes she has Rotella and sometimes it's Pennzoil. It just depends what they are ordering for their trucks. Don't ask we why, but that's the only two oils they buy, and which one they get depends on who has the best price at the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin