UPGRADES!!!

tractorman86

Reaction score
heard about it here so i went out on a limb, and all went well:thumbsup: ! i bought a "cold air intake" for a 94-01dodge pickup, then bought a K&N filter (RC-5040) and matching drycharger filter wrap(RC-5040DK) and an edelbrock 3/4" filter-carburetor spacer and works great so far:D :backoff . also i did a RDT while i was there. do i really need to put a check valve on it, or is it ok to just run open?:confused:

Attachments

• intake1.JPG
    intake1.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 55
  • intake 2.JPG
    intake 2.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 35

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your "Ghost tube" implimentation. ;Sweet Looks great. Consider moving your windsheild washer pump/container elsewhere, and extend the tube such that the air filter is not in line with the radiator. That will result in cooler air being introduced, although to be honest, the difference will be negligable. I've been wanting to do that for the Moosestang for some time now. Where did you source your parts, and if you don't mind saying, what do you have $ wise into the project? I've seen those Dodge kits on ebay for dirt, but then when you read the fine print they want $60 to ship it to you. cookoo

tractorman86

Reaction score
thanks i really like it, i am thinking about doing like you said and extending it but it will work for now. checker: $10 for the spacer and $46 for the filter and $37 for the wrap. ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=140200803425 so total, $133.95 and a piece of 3 1/2 rubber hose to mate the pleneum to the tube i also made a custom blockoff for the CDR port on the back of the intake

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
notice much in the "seat of the pants" pulling test?

tractorman86

Reaction score
i think i've got a few ponies but nothing huge, it does sound quite a bit throughtier though;Sweet . i think my milage is going to go down, the go pedal just calls my name a bit more :peelout :D

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
wow thats teh intake off a stock dodge? that is nice i woul dlike the part that bolts to the manifold so i could make a snorkel for offroad..

Ray

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I've heard about the dodge system before, but always wondered if it fit properly (seal to intake.) Sounds like I'll have to add that to mine, since I won't be turboing it(I say that now!)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow thats teh intake off a stock dodge? that is nice i woul dlike the part that bolts to the manifold so i could make a snorkel for offroad..

Ray

Not a STOCK Dodge. This is an aftermarket kit made FOR a Dodge. Don't expect to find these at a junkyard.

tractorman86

Reaction score
yea, it is a nock off "cold air kit", but i like it. you have to drill out the hole for the mounting bolt so you can get the grommet from the factory lid in there and you will also have to shorten the bolt. if someone makes a 1" spacer to go between a carb and air cleaner it would fit better than the 3/4" spacer i used, it is a little tight, the rubber hose holding the tube and the pleneum togather is setting an the inj. line for now.:mad: -cuss figures, as soon as i get a few things done something else goes wrong. now my rad is done!!! it has been seaping for a while but today i got to work and it just started spewing:puke: !!! now i've got a huge puddle under the front. luckily we've got 1 good used rad and 1 fresh rebuild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk