twin turbo

cbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who thinks id be crazy for running a twin turbo set up on my idi. im in the process of getting a factory turbo and i currently have a ATS 088. then i thought those two turbos would be good for compound boost. i understand it is a lot of fabricating, that is not a problem. its just a thought. if i end up selling the old nonwastegated ill just get the 093 rebuild with a wicked wheel through R&D. any input?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Just make sure your engine can handle it. Otherwise go for it as long as you post lots of pictures.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You should do a little research into turbo setups first.
Neither of those two are really sized right for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A guy on here ran twins for a while. You will need to size them. It will be really small turbos for twins.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is your proposed twin turbo set-up compounded or parallel? Compounding will take a lot of research and design.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Those are neither good for compounds (together) or twins, unfortunately. Sell them both and get a S3xx based turbo IMO

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin is only doing compounds on his bronco engine because his timing is locked on his new db4 pump putting out 200 ish ccs of fuel and in order to gain more driveability he is running compounds. I agree with previous posters, 1. those two turbos are not matched well for compounds or twins.
2. a borg warner 300 series would be your best bet for power.
3. the 093 with a 3'' dp and ww2 are great turbos but if you want a race truck you need a bigger turbo than either of those ats's

cbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like ill just get the 093 rebuilt with a wicked wheel, i really want to make a compound set up over time to run in the future